Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do people over share on Facebook?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Just because you can, you don't need to post ever little detail of your life on there. Some of the stuff is eye rolling. I don't need to know if your 8year old is finally pooping on the toilet and I'm sure he doesn't want you posting that online, I don't need to know if your kid is now trans, (If it was important to me you would have told me or I would have worked it out already) I don't need to know about your lunch or the other attention seeking stuff on Facebook. I think some people just like the attention. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:01 PM
I agree. But I really think Facebook is useless. I hate when people share articles and news, people complain about people sharing too much of their lives or being too fake, people complain when people post pictures of themselves or their kids. What's the point of it? 😄😄
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:02 PM
I actually thing CM is way more oversharing than facebook
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:02 PM

I am not a person that shares much of anything on Facebook normally. However I made a post yesterday about my son being diagnosed with Trisomy 13. Why would I share something so private? Well its because I am scared and I was hoping anyone would know something about Trisomy 13 and might have valuable ideas on how I can better help my son. But yes I have had a few nasty messages in my Facebook inbox telling me I am a terrible mother for airing my sons diry laundry. It makes me sad that people want to shame me when all I want is knowledge on what Trisomy 13 is? I have never heard of it and I do not know of anyone who has ever even had it.

waspy101
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:03 PM
Because everyone cares damn it! No matter if it's what you had for dinner or what you want between your legs, they care.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:27 PM

Two of my kids have adhd and one of my kids has a life threatening condition and I am suffering from panic attacks and my other son has not been at school for a year because he so sick and is in and out of hospital. I do share meme's and stuff from time to time relating to my kids conditions but I don't make big announcements because my kids are small and they don't need every tom dick and harry knowing, the people who need to know know.

However I imagine when you start sharing pics of your child you may get some questions. I dont know. I do know that when you do post online you open yourself up to having hurtful comments and unhelpful advice.

Like my bestie with her downs baby was asked if she knew would she have aborted .... on her facebook. We don't need that.

I can understand being scared, I imagine if you put it into the search bar on facebook some groups may pop up for support. My son does riding for disabled children with a wee guy who has Trisomy 13 xx 

Quoting Anonymous 4:

I am not a person that shares much of anything on Facebook normally. However I made a post yesterday about my son being diagnosed with Trisomy 13. Why would I share something so private? Well its because I am scared and I was hoping anyone would know something about Trisomy 13 and might have valuable ideas on how I can better help my son. But yes I have had a few nasty messages in my Facebook inbox telling me I am a terrible mother for airing my sons diry laundry. It makes me sad that people want to shame me when all I want is knowledge on what Trisomy 13 is? I have never heard of it and I do not know of anyone who has ever even had it.

ShesSoUnusual
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:17 PM

I just hate the posts that say they don't want to talk about something, but they want to bitch about it anyway. Or vague posts that are obviously directed at someone .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)