Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got him fired

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
Ok, not really. He did it to himself of course.

We have flexible work hours. Most people work during the day but come in or leave earlier or later as their schedules allow. We report our own time. If you work 40, you're fine.

A coworker was recording 40 hours but not working them. Other people started to notice he was always coming in after them and leaving before. One even confronted him and he said everyone does it and he has a family. A few coworkers reported him to management but nothing was done.

I finally called our anonymous tip line and told them. They force management to investigate rather than let it go. After investigation determined he was falsifying his time, he was terminated.

I don't feel bad about it. But weird. I'm not sure how to describe it.

Have you ever reported something like that that resulted in someone losing their job?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:29 PM
Nope but because I'm not a narc. Unlesss it personally affects in some way. I let things sort themselves out, everything comes to light eventually

Quoting Anonymous 1: Ok, not really. He did it to himself of course.

We have flexible work hours. Most people work during the day but come in or leave earlier or later as their schedules allow. We report our own time. If you work 40, you're fine.

A coworker was recording 40 hours but not working them. Other people started to notice he was always coming in after them and leaving before. One even confronted him and he said everyone does it and he has a family. A few coworkers reported him to management but nothing was done.

I finally called our anonymous tip line and told them. They force management to investigate rather than let it go. After investigation determined he was falsifying his time, he was terminated.

Have you ever reported something like that that resulted in someone losing their job?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:31 PM
An old boss would add time to your check which was always OT for the employees that did personal favors for him. Wash his car, clean his house, mow his lawn, cook dinner for him and his wife, you get the idea. I reported him as soon as I found out. He was fired that day, the district manager had to come in and finish his daily paperwork.
jules2boys
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:31 PM

Nope, but we have a couple of people at my office who do it.  Basically if they're here when they NEED to be here (a project going on IN the office, or available when the field work is scheduled), the rest is sort of ignored, as long as they keep up (even if they work from home).  But, we're fairly flexible here.  Some weeks I don't work my 40, others I work more like 60.  Same salary, work gets done.  Shrug.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:32 PM
It had been happening a few months. People's morale was dropping and they were talking. But nothing was happening. I don't regret it because it needed to happen.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Nope but because I'm not a narc. Unlesss it personally affects in some way. I let things sort themselves out, everything comes to light eventually

Beth0531
by Beamfloorbars on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:32 PM
This. I mind my own business

Quoting Anonymous 2: Nope but because I'm not a narc. Unlesss it personally affects in some way. I let things sort themselves out, everything comes to light eventually

tsatske2
by Latricia on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

One time I was working at an after school care place. One day the director was out so the co-director was in charge. As soon as I got there she sent me out to get taco bell for all the workers. We ate it in front of the kids and some parents complained. The director held a meeting and wanted to know who went to get it. Because my rule in life about working is 'never let your boss hear anything ABOUT you FROM anyone BUT you', I came clean, and when asked, told her the co-director sent me out. She fired the co-director and promoted me to her spot. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:33 PM
Would him coming in late and leaving early cause others to pick up his slack

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:33 PM
Yes. I have reported stealing time.

They got a warning letter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:33 PM
Stupid reasons to stick your nose where it doesn't belong

Quoting Anonymous 1: It had been happening a few months. People's morale was dropping and they were talking. But nothing was happening. I don't regret it because it needed to happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 6:34 PM

I reported a co-worker to HR because he was literally sleeping on the job and I was doing his work on top of mine.  I could hear him snoring daily since his cubicle was next to mine.  I did his work because if it did not get done it would have made me look bad also. 

He was let go and I did not feel bad about it either. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)