Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What could be wrong?

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:11 PM
  • 33 Replies
My 11 yr old just seems really stressed. He'll burst into tears for a couple minutes then he'll be fine. He just says he's stressed and doesn't know why. They Started middle school this Monday and he comes home in good spirits but when it comes down to going to football he flips out again. He just says that his head and his stomach hurt. Basically he's been getting headaches everyday. I give him asprin etc but he's never really had heachahes before. This has been going on for a couple weeks. Tonight he seemed OK until he got to practice. He said his stomach and head hurt and got hysterical. I thought once he got to the field he'd come down but he talked to coach and the coach sent him back up. I dont want to put pressure on him if he's under duress but I'm sure missing practice will affect his play time. He says he likes football (been playing for 5 years) just that his head and stomach hurt. I guess if it is not better I will take him to doctor but is this stress related? My other son seems fine. Any advice?
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angkorsaway
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:13 PM

Well is he well hydrated? Anyway, sounds like stress to me and that whether he can identify football as the culprit, it seems like that's your problem. Unless other kids are being jerks to him. Otherwise, I'd say it's hormonal.

mistygish
by dottie minerva on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I would ask if he wants to quit football. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:15 PM
Take him to his doctor. Could be depression
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:16 PM
He doesn't want to play anymore
Trixie_dahl
by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:19 PM
Something is wrong with the team. Maybe he doesn't want to seem like a quitter or disappoint someone. Ask if he still wants to play and if he doesn't don't make a big deal about it.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:20 PM

My son went through the same thing at that age.  He was overwhelmed by the whole school thing, but he got used to it.

mom2twinboyz
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:21 PM
I've been asking him if he still wants to play. He says he still does.

Quoting Trixie_dahl: Something is wrong with the team. Maybe he doesn't want to seem like a quitter or disappoint someone. Ask if he still wants to play and if he doesn't don't make a big deal about it.
mom2twinboyz
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:22 PM
Yeah this is just his first week at middle school. He comes home in good spirits.

Quoting corticosteroid:

My son went through the same thing at that age.  He was overwhelmed by the whole school thing, but he got used to it.

susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:25 PM

Could something have happened to him at practice?

Cassie2115
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 7:25 PM
Need an eye appt? My kids are younger but they all of a sudden had a lot of headaches and ended up needing glasses. Just a thought. Hope you can figure it out!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)