Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has anyone ever heard of POCD

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

as a result of sexual abuse and rape there is a strong belief that i now suffer from pocd, does  anyone else have experience with this

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 8, 2017 at 8:51 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2017 at 2:37 AM

BUMP!

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 9, 2017 at 2:39 AM

Never heard of it but I googled it and you need to seek therapy to see if you truly have this

http://www.ocdbaltimore.com/pocd/

ninjakids
by Christina on Aug. 9, 2017 at 2:54 AM
What exactly makes you wonder it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2017 at 2:58 AM

i actually do have pocd, but that means taht i am NOT a pedophile, it means the ocd i have is taking a of them of pedophilia but im actually not one, the disorder is a result of me being raped and sexually assualted

Quoting Sassy762:

Never heard of it but I googled it and you need to seek therapy to see if you truly have this

http://www.ocdbaltimore.com/pocd/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 9, 2017 at 3:32 AM
What is POCD?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 9, 2017 at 3:38 AM

Pedophile Obsessive Complusive Disorder. This form of OCD is the worst and its waht i have, i have these obsessive thoughts that have pushed me into almost ending it all and now that i know that just because i have this, does not mean i am a pedophile, people with POCD are actually the least likely to hurt a child

Quoting Anonymous 2: What is POCD?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 9, 2017 at 12:57 PM
What kind of thoughts?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Pedophile Obsessive Complusive Disorder. This form of OCD is the worst and its waht i have, i have these obsessive thoughts that have pushed me into almost ending it all and now that i know that just because i have this, does not mean i am a pedophile, people with POCD are actually the least likely to hurt a child

Quoting Anonymous 2: What is POCD?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 9, 2017 at 1:00 PM
Never heard of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 9, 2017 at 1:01 PM
I've never heard of this but reading your posts has me curious. I have a weird relationship around pedophilia, I'm not attracted to children AT ALL but it's more like a morbid fascination. I also have had dreams where I was inappropriate with children, I always felt sick when I woke up.

I hope treatment helps you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)