Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you have first consulted with your husband?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 126 Replies
I just seem to be pissing DH off left and right lately. He feels like I don't consult him before talking to DD about things. Just over an hour ago, we got a text to both of our phones that DD had gotten into this charter school that's ranked in the top 150 schools by US News. I didn't see it because I was charging my phone, so eventually DH came into the room where DD and I were watching tv. He told me she got into the school. I was excited. She said she was nervous, because she kind of wanted to go to the school she already planned to attend. I suggested she make plans with her best friend, who during the Speing got accepted for this year into the charter school. He had to make the same decision of which school to attend, so I figured he could help her make a pro/con list.

DH is pissed, because he thinks I got her hopes up when this is something he should be helping me decide and not her. So now he's pissed off at me.

Would you have first consulted with your husband?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 11, 2017 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 11, 2017 at 2:13 AM
Is your husband her stepfather?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 11, 2017 at 2:15 AM
Yes, but he's been in our lives a long time, so they don't use "step" while referring to each other. He's earned the right to make parental decisions together with me.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Is your husband her stepfather?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 11, 2017 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this
About her education? As a parent? Well duh.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 11, 2017 at 2:16 AM
Did he know?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 11, 2017 at 2:17 AM
Then why arent you showing him the same respect?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes, but he's been in our lives a long time, so they don't use "step" while referring to each other. He's earned the right to make parental decisions together with me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 11, 2017 at 2:17 AM
Yes, but he sounds insecure and that helps explain why.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes, but he's been in our lives a long time, so they don't use "step" while referring to each other. He's earned the right to make parental decisions together with me.

sweetpeasgirl12
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2017 at 2:18 AM
Yeah, he's her father right?
DramaLlamaMama
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2017 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Was he completely unaware she'd applied to attend there?

tsatske2
by Latricia on Aug. 11, 2017 at 2:18 AM
2 moms liked this

I believe in consulting with your spouse on most anything, but I don't understand what you were supposed to consult with him with. Are the two of you, the adults, not sure you can let her go to this school? Not sure you would let her not go? I don't get it, it sounds to me like he wanted you to consult with him before you had a normal conversation with your daughter, but I might be missing something?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 11, 2017 at 2:18 AM
8 moms liked this
He brought it up in front of her, which made it a family discussion. If he wanted to figure it out with you first, he should have approached you with the information and had that discussion.

Did he know you applied for this school? If so, seems to me, you guys had already agreed the school was a good fit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)