Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child in my class has an epic food allergy list.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 277 Replies

This boy I have in my class this year is allergic to soy, shellfish, eggs, dairy, gluten, citrus, potato, tree nuts, peanuts, strawberry, and apparently artificial food dye.  

I'm left wondering what the heck this kid can eat.  I sent a list of treats I give out to the parents and they crossed all of it off.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 11, 2017 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 11, 2017 at 10:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Dang poor kid
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 11, 2017 at 10:53 PM
2 moms liked this
I would ask for a doctor note on that. The good dye, they may not even be allergic too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 11, 2017 at 10:53 PM

Right   I mean  I have a kid with celiac   I also have a nephew allergic to chocolate   I thought those were bad  

Quoting Anonymous 2: Dang poor kid

ThatDancerGirl
by ResidentTroll💆 on Aug. 11, 2017 at 10:55 PM
5 moms liked this
Geez. Poor kid. I'd ask what they suggest for treats instead and have a stash of those for him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 11, 2017 at 10:55 PM
I would just ask them for suggestions then. And omg, wtf.. 😖
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 11, 2017 at 10:55 PM

All allergies require a doctor note in order to be adhered to at school.  The nurse collects them and sends an email with kids allergies.  I have two peanut allergies, one bee allergy, one gluten allergy, and this kid. Plus a diabetic  

Quoting Anonymous 3: I would ask for a doctor note on that. The good dye, they may not even be allergic too

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 11, 2017 at 10:55 PM
5 moms liked this
Why would the parents need a doctor note? They should be able to say whatever they want their kid to eat without that.

They shouldn't expect the rest of the class to conform to that either way.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I would ask for a doctor note on that. The good dye, they may not even be allergic too
jjchick75
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2017 at 10:56 PM

When my oldest started school she was allergic to dairy, soy, eggs, strawberries, tomatoes, carrots, gluten, some food dyes, and green beans. She's also never really liked meat. Those were not fun days. She out grew the allergy to carrots, food dyes, green beans, and is much less allergic to tomatoes. My other kids all have food allergies as well as my husband and I.It sucks.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 11, 2017 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
That's just crazy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 11, 2017 at 10:57 PM
I was assigned a student with all of those allergies, except citrus.
Lunch time was fun. I was like a drill sergeant. His friends couldn't come to our table until they washed their hands.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)