Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Charlottesville 😢

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 138 Replies
Are you guys following this?

Over 500 "white nationalists" including a lot of neo-Nazis came together to protest the removal of a statue.
They were marching through the streets with Nazi flags, they were attacking people, they had pepper spray, gas bombs, and other weapons. Violence broke out in more than one place across the city. It's been going on since this morning
Someone drove a Dodge charger into a crowd of anti-protesters plowing down people

They declared a state of emergency and police say they expect the fighting to continue
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 12, 2017 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DevotedMotheof3
by Mom-1st on Aug. 12, 2017 at 3:11 PM
Yes and it is sad.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 12, 2017 at 3:11 PM
3 moms liked this
Yes. Is it 2017 or 1933 Nazi Germany?

It's despicable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 12, 2017 at 3:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes. DH went to uva for med school, so it's especially sad for him. C-Villie is NOT where I'd expect this to happen.

Disgusting scum of the earth. And I absolutely believe djt is part of the problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 12, 2017 at 3:11 PM
What happened?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2017 at 3:15 PM
I describe it in the post, but you could just Google Charlottesville right now and you'll probably get a bunch of stories

It's terrifying and really sad

Quoting Anonymous 3: What happened?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2017 at 3:16 PM
It's been going on since this morning, I cannot believe he hasn't said something directly about it yet

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes. DH went to uva for med school, so it's especially sad for him. C-Villie is NOT where I'd expect this to happen.

Disgusting scum of the earth. And I absolutely believe djt is part of the problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2017 at 3:17 PM
I know!!
David Duke was at this protest talking about how it quote represents a turning point "

I was watching the news coverage of people marching through the streets with Nazi flags and I couldn't believe what I was seeing

Quoting owl0210: Yes. Is it 2017 or 1933 Nazi Germany?

It's despicable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 12, 2017 at 3:17 PM
This is what happen when Blm was able to do it now white people are taking the same stand
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 12, 2017 at 3:17 PM
I'm also shocked it's happening there.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes. DH went to uva for med school, so it's especially sad for him. C-Villie is NOT where I'd expect this to happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 12, 2017 at 3:18 PM
Thanks.

When I asked you, your post only asked if we were following. You just added the other.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I describe it in the post, but you could just Google Charlottesville right now and you'll probably get a bunch of stories

It's terrifying and really sad

Quoting Anonymous 3: What happened?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)