• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Death brings out the worst in people

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
My uncle passed away a few weeks ago and my other Uncle refused to go to his funeral because he was left nothing in the will. He is mad because my dad was left everything but my uncle that passed away only did it like that because he knows that my dad would distribute everything fairly and make sure that Grandma was taken care of. So the uncle that thought he got nothing refused to go the funeral and now really isn't getting anything. My Uncle that passed had made it clear that if anyone got mad about my dad getting everything before they even knew what was really going on then they aren't to get anything at all. Now my Uncle that is still alive is crying to anyone that will listen that he is the only one out of 7 brothers that didn't get anything and wanting everyone to feel sorry for him. All he had to do was wait about a week and he would have gotten close to $50,000 like everyone else did but he chose to act like an asshole over it.
Anyone else have family members act stupid over the death of someone?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 12, 2017 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EvasMommy326
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2017 at 6:17 PM
2 moms liked this
That's definitely how it goes with family that's out for themselves. Dirt hasn't even settled before they have their hands out. Damn shame.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 12, 2017 at 6:19 PM

That is why I won't be leaving a dime behind everything will be spent while I am living.  Nothing to fight over that way. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 12, 2017 at 6:20 PM
Yes, when my nana died (great grandmother) half the family skipped the funeral to ransack her house. It was disgusting and to this day none of us speak to them
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2017 at 6:21 PM
Awww that's so sad!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes, when my nana died (great grandmother) half the family skipped the funeral to ransack her house. It was disgusting and to this day none of us speak to them
AnotherKim
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2017 at 6:23 PM

Yeah. I just helped my cousins clean out my aunt's house last week. It was ridiculous to see the one cousin go around pointing out the shit she wants (my aunt didn't leave a will). I was like, "can't we get the crap out of the way before you start fighting?" Christ, she died in December and her fridge hasn't been cleaned out yet, because of the fucking bickering!

Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Aug. 12, 2017 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
My "sisters" father passed away a few weeks ago. His stepchildren/and biological children that hadn't been around in over 20 years showed up to try and convince her mother to overdose him. He was on hospice. She refused because she obviously didn't wanna kill her husband. When she refused, they flipped out, whispered in his ear that he was always a shit father, stole pictures of her mothers wall, and left. Then they called the police for a well check saying the mother was trying to overdose him to kill him. When it was their idea to begin with. Then requested an autopsy. Blasted it all over Facebook about how he was murdered and treated like a stray dog by his wife and fake children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2017 at 6:28 PM
Another one is when my Great-Grandpa died everyone showed up at the nursing home to be there when he passed. Mind you hardly anyone came when Great-Grandma was dying because everyone already knew that no one was getting anything until they had both died. Well as it turned out only two of their 12 kids was even left anything in the will because only those 2 kept visiting and helping take care of them when they got older. The other 10 kids only called when they needed money or to send their kids to the farm for summer vacation. They never offered to help my Grandma or my Aunt out with their parents. They only time they ever came around was if money was involved like when the farm was being sold. No one had lived in it for about 5 years even though it had been offered to all of them for someone to move in there to keep it going. Anyways, when it was found out that no one but those 2 were getting anything shit hit the fan! But Grandpa had it put in the will to give each of them something like $100 a piece just to shut them up and make it to where the will couldn't be contested or something. I don't remember the exact details because I was only 15 at the time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2017 at 6:34 PM
My Aunt one Christmas years ago went around my Grandparents house and put post it stickers on the backs of pictures and on everything else that she wanted when they passed away. She made my Grandma cry which made my Grandpa really upset so he yelled at her and told her to get her shit and get out of their house until she could learn to show them some respect. This was close to 20 years ago and she is just now starting to call them again and visit them again. Which everyone thinks it is because they are now in their nineties and not doing so well health wise so we all know that she is only coming around now so that she will be left something in the will.

Quoting AnotherKim:

Yeah. I just helped my cousins clean out my aunt's house last week. It was ridiculous to see the one cousin go around pointing out the shit she wants (my aunt didn't leave a will). I was like, "can't we get the crap out of the way before you start fighting?" Christ, she died in December and her fridge hasn't been cleaned out yet, because of the fucking bickering!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2017 at 6:34 PM
Bump
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Aug. 12, 2017 at 6:36 PM

no but we have never had to deal with wills.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)