Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't accept gifts...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
My husband and I decided to travel to Europe for our daughter's graduation/18th birthday occurring later this month. We are taking time to sight see and do touristy things. It's also a great time to hang out with my inlaws for a bit before heading to Spain!

My in-laws offered to rent us an apartment by the beach! Great right but they didn't explain that they too are now coming. Not too mention we arrived at the house a few days ago and it's only 2 bedrooms! It's my husband and I and four kids plus them. I really wanted the second part of the trip alone. I expressed this to hubby and he understands. I love his mom tremendously she is a beautiful woman but she's also super pushy and overwhelming and well, A MAJOR Control freak! We started to but heads the last couple of days but I'm really trying to keep the peace! I'm conflicted it's nice vacationing with them but I'm also someone who really likes my space! I'm a bit of an introvert in that way although no one ever believes it I'm introverted! They made dinner reservations two nights in a row and have tried to order for us!!! OMG my husband is freaking out he wants his alone time but the apt is simply too small! We gave his parents the master bedroom!!! Oldest two are sleeping in one room! Hubby and I and the two youngest are in a large living room with a sofa bed and a roll away full size bed!!!

Plus I'm aggravated...with the whole darn situation!!

UPDATE

Thanks for letting me vent! I'm really in a beautiful place that I wouldn't have found on my own! I choose to simply be thankful for this wonderful opportunity to spend time with family before returning to the hustle and bustle of NYC life.

Be well and be blessed! (I probably will not be responding to new comments as I need to stay positive and use this time to recuperate!)

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 12, 2017 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mompam
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2017 at 6:25 PM
Why did you agree to this? I would hate it. We always used to vacation with my husbands family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 12, 2017 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have found other arrangements. I don't like surprise family vacations. It would make me uncomfortable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 12, 2017 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

You know there is other punctuation besides exclamation points right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2017 at 6:32 PM
I literally didn't know until the day before we were leaving for Spain! There wasn't much we could do at that not with our size family! My husband and I have gone through a lot the last year working towards promotions, getting daughter ready and accepted into college and other family drama we needed this time to reconnect and take a moment as a family!!!

Not to freaking mention I was told we'd each have our own apartments not we'd be in the same apartment!!! Urgh!!!

Quoting mompam: Why did you agree to this? I would hate it. We always used to vacation with my husbands family.

Olioxenfree
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2017 at 6:34 PM
3 moms liked this
Why wouldnt you put all of the kids in the living room and take the other bedroom?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2017 at 6:36 PM
Its quite late and I'm extremely tired! Besides I'll worry about my punctuation for my PhD Dissertation I'll be defending in the next two years... not a Cafemom post I'm typing super quick while hubby is in the bathroom! Urghhh you tried it though!!! Next>>>

Quoting Anonymous 3:

You know there is other punctuation besides exclamation points right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2017 at 6:39 PM
Typically I would! The room is small and not well ventilated think older Spaniard home! It doesnt have the wall a/c like the other bedroom. Second, there are stairs that have a banister for the first part but not the second! One of my little ones is under 5 and still looks for mommy at night!

Quoting Olioxenfree: Why wouldnt you put all of the kids in the living room and take the other bedroom?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2017 at 6:46 PM
Seriously me neither...of it wasn't for my daughter! My husband thought he taught me prior! I wouldn't mind them going I just need separate dwellings!!! I literally almost passed out when he said yes they're going too..."WHAT"' the heck' I can't make this crap up! I've had such a difficult year I just needed some time with my family before college starts for daughter, sophomore years 5th grade and kindergarten! I'm already dealing with a lot😩

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would have found other arrangements. I don't like surprise family vacations. It would make me uncomfortable.
redbottoms
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2017 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this
yeah that was your mistake to not handle your own travel accommodations. I would never let someone else book something for me. They can pay me for it, but I still handle the booking myself. If you can go to another hotel.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2017 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely!!!

Quoting redbottoms: yeah that was your mistake to not handle your own travel accommodations. I would never let someone else book something for me. They can pay me for it, but I still handle the booking myself. If you can go to another hotel.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)