• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't accept gifts...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My husband and I decided to travel to Europe for our daughter's graduation/18th birthday occurring later this month. We are taking time to sight see and do touristy things. It's also a great time to hang out with my inlaws for a bit before heading to Spain!

My in-laws offered to rent us an apartment by the beach! Great right but they didn't explain that they too are now coming. Not too mention we arrived at the house a few days ago and it's only 2 bedrooms! It's my husband and I and four kids plus them. I really wanted the second part of the trip alone. I expressed this to hubby and he understands. I love his mom tremendously she is a beautiful woman but she's also super pushy and overwhelming and well, A MAJOR Control freak! We started to but heads the last couple of days but I'm really trying to keep the peace! I'm conflicted it's nice vacationing with them but I'm also someone who really likes my space! I'm a bit of an introvert in that way although no one ever believes it I'm introverted! They made dinner reservations two nights in a row and have tried to order for us!!! OMG my husband is freaking out he wants his alone time but the apt is simply too small! We gave his parents the master bedroom!!! Oldest two are sleeping in one room! Hubby and I and the two youngest are in a large living room with a sofa bed and a roll away full size bed!!!

Plus I'm aggravated...with the whole darn situation!!

UPDATE

Thanks for letting me vent! I'm really in a beautiful place that I wouldn't have found on my own! I choose to simply be thankful for this wonderful opportunity to spend time with family before returning to the hustle and bustle of NYC life.

Be well and be blessed! (I probably will not be responding to new comments as I need to stay positive and use this time to recuperate!)

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 12, 2017 at 6:18 PM
Replies (21-21):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Enjoy the rest of you're trip, and when you get home you're have wonderful memories:)

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's soo funny I literally just had to remind myself of this this morning. She really is a beautiful person and your right my kids don't get to spend much time with her as we live in different countries! Thank you for getting it and the reassuring words!!!

Quoting Anonymous 4: We travel every summer for 4-8 weeks with our five kids, the dog....and my mom.

In a thirty foot travel trailer.

That's a LOT of together time.

I love my mom, but sometimes I just want space. From all of them:)

Here's what I have to remind myself many times during our trips, today is a gift:) the fact that she can travel and make these memories with my kids is priceless. And as much as I get annoyed, (and so does my husband), we both try our hardest to walk away, bite our tongues, and know one day she won't be able to come and that will be sad.

She is the only grandparent my kids have, and the only one they have had almost their whole lives.

It's hard. I get it. Try and remember you can do anything for a few days. And the memories you're kids have with them will be priceless.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)