Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Landlord is Scum!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I went to Social Services to get the asshole paid. Instead of appreciating my effort, the slumlord tells the social worker that I haven't paid any of the rent,late fees, or court costs that are owed. I haven't paid, but I'm waiting for Social Services to pay first! Now the asshole screwed himself out of them helping! I don't have the 2 months rent and other bs fees.

Will the Warrant of Removal really work? Can I cry and get out of the court officer removing me? What if I'm in the shower when they arrive?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2017 at 12:06 AM
Replies (201-209):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 15, 2017 at 7:14 PM
I'm not moving.
mhagh
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 7:17 PM

Omg, YOU again??!!  Pay your bills and stop making these same damn posts!!

banging head into wall

lovemylife_15
by Tired as a Mother on Aug. 15, 2017 at 7:19 PM
Sure you are,right onto the street 😂

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm not moving.
mhagh
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 7:19 PM

But, I thought Social Services has a restraining order against you (**rolls eyes*)?  How did you get around that?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I went to Social Services and they were going to pay, but then he told them I didn't pay any of the money owed. He screwed himself out of rent money! And now he's going to get me removed! How can I get out of this?
Quoting Anonymous 3: You need to pay your rent....your landlord is not the scum. He is in the business of making money not renting apartments to people who don't pay ... Your inability to pay is not his problem.

Mom2theboy1994
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 7:23 PM
I'll bite. How are you avoiding moving?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 2, 2017 at 12:38 PM
The Warrant of Removal was taped to my front door yesterday!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 47 on Sep. 2, 2017 at 12:52 PM
You wanted him to commit fraud so that you could get a free ride. No wonder he wants to get rid of you.

Quoting Anonymous 1: If he lied, they would have paid him rent. He's an asshole! I thought landlords want money!

Quoting HaloSue: Warning pack asap. Everything will be put on the street. And get someone to watch it otherwise gawkers will be stealing your belongings.

It's not the landlords problem. He's not going to lie for you. He rightfully is owed his rent.
He probably has a mortgage that he paid August 1st.expecting your rent , meanwhile it comes out of his money.
What if every single renter did that?? It's a bill you owe. And don't wreak his house or apartment or you'll be paying for that too.
So either borrow from family, friends etcetera or expect to be evicted!
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Sep. 2, 2017 at 12:53 PM

Eviction sucks.  I've been there.  I found out the hard way that my now ex husband wasn't paying the rent like he said he was.  To this day, I don't know what the hell he did with the money. 

In hindsight, as an older and better functioning adult, I know I should have at least kept up on it and caught the lack of payment before it had gotten to that point.  While I still say the eviction is 90% his fault, I understand there is some fault on my part for not catching it soon enough and rectifying it.

You signed a contract saying you would pay X amount a month and you failed to abide by this contract.  You cannot live in a rental and not pay and expect to be given some leniency.  The landlord makes a living renting homes/apartments as this rent money helps pay for the mortgages he has for these properties.  This is how they make their living. 

Good luck finding a new place to live.  An eviction will make it a million times harder to find another rental.  You might be able to find a place if you can pony up a higher deposit and/or co-signer, but it will take some searching to find a landlord willing to look past the eviction. 

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Sep. 2, 2017 at 12:55 PM

Yes, you are.  If you are not out by whatever date in on the legal notice, they can physically remove you.  If you put up a fight, they will have you arrested and ship your kids to foster care. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm not moving.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)