Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You catch your teen in a lie . . . what do you do?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I caught my 14-year old daughter in a lie.  She also disobeyed me. 

The lie involved her location (she was instructed not to be hanging out with older guys in a parking lot, of all things) . . . I track her iPhone with Find My Phone.  (She is aware of this.)  I called her and asked where she was and who she was with and when I reminded her that I didn't want her to be hanging out in that parking lot, she said she wasn't, just walking past. She was supposed to be at the beach with one girlfriend.

And then, a few minutes later, she texted me to tell me her phone was dying and she suddenly turned it off after giving me someone else's number to text if I needed her. 

I could tell from Find My Phone that her phone was NOT dying - it was fully charged. 

Anyway. 

I drove immediately to the parking lot where I suspected I'd find her and there she was with a bunch of losers in clouds of smoke.

I gave her a choice (as she was walking away from the group) . . . get in the car or I would park and follow her.  Ha ha.

She got in the car.

So, if you caught your teen in a lie--and this wasn't the first time--what would you do? 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2017 at 2:23 AM
Replies (111-120):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 43 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 4:05 PM
But it's illegal.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Lying is a spankable offense. Especially about things like that. And no, she's not too old
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 4:14 PM
Not where I live. I remember one father called the police to supervise him spanking his 13 year old with a belt. It was on the news. Definitely not illegal no matter how much libtards wish it was

Quoting Anonymous 43: But it's illegal.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Lying is a spankable offense. Especially about things like that. And no, she's not too old
Anonymous
by Anonymous 43 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:04 PM
Here it's illegal before age two and after age 12.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Not where I live. I remember one father called the police to supervise him spanking his 13 year old with a belt. It was on the news. Definitely not illegal no matter how much libtards wish it was

Linda_Runs
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 8:37 AM

If you are talking about Canada, you are correct.

Quoting Anonymous 43: Here it's illegal before age two and after age 12.
Quoting Anonymous 2: Not where I live. I remember one father called the police to supervise him spanking his 13 year old with a belt. It was on the news. Definitely not illegal no matter how much libtards wish it was

Anonymous
by Anonymous 44 on Aug. 17, 2017 at 8:56 AM
Lol You're fucking crazy.

Quoting Anonymous 7: Contributing to the delinquency of a minor by providing cigarettes, weed and alcohol to said teen

Quoting Anonymous 8: Call the police for what exactly, being in proximity to a minor, talking to a minor?

Quoting Anonymous 7: I would have taken pictures of the group before getting out of my car. Then I would have demanded to see everyones id. If anyone was over 18, I would have called the police.
The lying teen would lose her phone until she is 18. She would not have access to any social media sites and her life as she knew it......would be completely over.
If I cant trust you then I will treat you like a young child. I will drive you to and from school and at anytime I may pop up to make sure dhes there
Anonymous
by Anonymous 45 on Aug. 17, 2017 at 9:05 AM
Doesn't sound like she needs to go out again for a while. A good long while.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2017 at 5:24 PM

Really?  Where do you live?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 43 on Aug. 17, 2017 at 5:27 PM
🇨🇦

Quoting Anonymous 1:

jcm3
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 5:31 PM
I would have done what you did. Now she wouldn't be going anywhere for a awhile.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2017 at 2:18 AM

Hmm.  I live in California but I didn't know that.  I don't spank kids.

Quoting Anonymous 43: 🇨🇦
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)