• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does a 19 year-old become so heartless?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:05 AM
  • 43 Replies

Dad who beat baby wrote that he wanted her aborted on Facebook

The Brooklyn teen accused of pummeling his 16-month-old daughter into a coma wanted the baby’s mother to get an abortion when she told him she was pregnant.

“Feel mad disrespected,” Shaquan Taylor, 19, wrote in February 2016 around the time his daughter Nylah was born. “Told that lil b—h to get abortion (and) she tells me she is but still keep it. Exactly why I hate that lil b—h.”

Police arrested Taylor for allegedly cracking Nylah’s skull and blackening her eye during a sick Father’s Day beatdown in Coney Island.

Taylor pounded on his daughter’s little body until her brain began to bleed, officials said. The child also suffered multiple skull fractures and bruising on her face, legs and other parts of her body, authorities said.

Brooklyn teen nearly beats 16-month-old-daughter to death

NYC PAPERS OUT. Social media use restricted to low res file max 184 x 128 pixels and 72 dpi

Little Nylah Lewis is in a coma after the brutal attack.

(New York Daily News)

The child’s injuries are so extreme that prosecutors said in court early Tuesday they don’t expect her to live another 24 hours, authorities said.

Taylor often ranted about the girl’s mother, Tammy Lewis, on Facebook.

“I didn’t even want to have a baby by her (and) it’s sad to say, but f— it, s— happens,” he wrote in February 2016. “Please don’t ask who Nylah’s moms is nor do I still f— with her cause NO,” he wrote. “Just f—ed (that) hotty a–, that’s it.”

https://www.facebook.com/quan.taylor1?lst=100005295222868%3A100001085739568%3A1497961278

Shaquan Taylor ranted about how Lewis refused to get an abortion on Facebook in February 2016.

(New York Daily News)

“She really getting me aggy,” he wrote, which is Facebook slang for agitated.

Despite the animosity, the dueling parents agreed that Taylor could spend some time with the tot on Father’s Day.

Sometime Sunday afternoon, Taylor sent a Facebook message to Lewis telling her there was a problem and that she needed to pick up Nylah, police sources said.

When Lewis arrived, her daughter was face up on the couch and struggling to breathe.

The 17-year-old mom grabbed Nylah and left the apartment, but Taylor caught up to her in the lobby and knocked her to the ground with one punch — while she was holding their child, sources said.

An EMS crew rushed Nylah to the hospital as Taylor chased after the baby’s mother, continuing to beat her.

https://www.facebook.com/quan.taylor1?lst=100005295222868%3A100001085739568%3A1497961278

Taylor posted this on Facebook around the time his daughter was born.

(New York Daily News)

Responding officers grabbed Taylor after a brief chase. Police charged him early Monday with felony assault and acting in a manner injurious to a child younger than 17. He was also charged with beating Lewis.

Taylor said he didn’t beat Nylah and that the child fell off the bed. Then he changed his story to say she fell off the toilet.

None of the injuries are consistent with a fall, officials said.

Shaquan Taylor took another jab at the mother of his child on Father’s Day — before his daughter was beaten into a coma. 

(New York Daily News)

NYC PAPERS OUT. Social media use restricted to low res file max 184 x 128 pixels and 72 dpi

Taylor was arraigned in Brooklyn Criminal Court early Tuesday, his 19th birthday, and ordered held on $ 250,000 bail.

“I didn’t do nothing,” he insisted. “I didn’t do nothing at all ... Do you know what it’s like to be here for something I didn’t do?”

Weeks ago Taylor had happily reminded his Facebook friends his birthday was approaching.

“Bday in 21 days,” Taylor wrote, along with several “sly smile” emojis. 

Little Nylah Lewis, who suffered multiple skull fractures and bleeding on the brain, passed away at 10:40 a.m. to end a courageous five-day fight for her life, said a statement from Maimonides Medical Center.

:*(

by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
What an asshole I hope someone beats his ass down and cracks his skull open.
jbirdsladie15
by -672- on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:10 AM
I'm speechless.
RIP sweet baby girl
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this

I can tell you how.

His mother treated him like a prince, he always had his way & if he didnt get his way , he threw fits until he got his way.

This is how parents today are raising their children. It's not a surprise that this happens.

mamaracheli
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:12 AM
He's a psychopath.
Elastic.Denizen
by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:15 AM

I don't know what to say. I kept putting my hands to the keyboard and then I started to cry. Why? :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:18 AM
😢
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:22 AM
So I could not agree less.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I can tell you how.

His mother treated him like a prince, he always had his way & if he didnt get his way , he threw fits until he got his way.

This is how parents today are raising their children. It's not a surprise that this happens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd like to be alone with him with a bat and an empty room he was tied up in. We'd really celebrate his damn birthday. Wtf is wrong with some people?!
3gr8tKids
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:49 AM
I couldn't get any further than a couple paragraphs in.

Heartbreaking.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:52 AM
Omg. I hope he fucking rots away in prison.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)