Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever just want to sell your child?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:39 AM
  • 24 Replies

This weekend has been like that. Lol I'm about to put him on Ebay. 

What is one thing you are constantly telling your child not to do and they do it anyway?

For me, it's jumping/climbing on the furniture and slamming every drawer, cabinet, and the microwave. He's 9 and I have been telling him since before he was 2 to quit jumping and climbing on my furniture. He decideded to stand on the coffee table this morning and was going to jump onto the couch. Why? He doesn't know. "Just 'cause." He wound up stepping on a shadow box frame I had laying there and shattered it. How he didn't slice up his foot is beyond me. He also started yesterday and this morning by slamming the cabinets like there is a demon coming out of them. I just need a mommy vent this morning. Who's with me? Maybe we can get a group discount if we sell them all together. :)

by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redbottoms
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
No one would want to pay for mine. I would have to pay them to take them
SueWanda
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

nah.  no one would pay for mine.  I threaten to though.  They know you can't sell people on Ebay.

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:42 AM

My 3 year old loves to lock their bedroom doors. Problem is, she does it when no one is in the bedroom....or the cat is in there alone...or my 1 year old is in there (who can't open doors or unlock them yet). We have to get new doors and I am for sure not having any damn locks on their bedroom doors.

redbottoms
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:42 AM
but in all seriousness he is too old for this shit. Have you ever bothered to PUNISH him when he disobeys you? I would make him work off the cost of replacing the shadow box. I also would tell him next cabinet that is slammed especially early in the morning is 2 days no video games or tv. Then enforce that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:42 AM
My kids are far from perfect, but they don't disrespect me or my stuff. At nine that is completely unacceptable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:44 AM
Not anymore...mine are almost grown. Might as well just finish this thing off lol.
Olioxenfree
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:44 AM

I'd tell him if he can't use the furniture right, he can't use it at all. He is way too old for that.

3gr8tKids
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Awww.
I was like that when I was a kid.

I'm in my 50s and we live life outside so it was less of a burden on my parents LOL. I can honestly say it shaped the woman that I am today. I still love to jump I still love the climb I enjoy extreme sports. I remember fondly dragging a twin mattress outside and taking turns spotting each other learning how to do backhand springs.

Nurture his spirt momma! With a stiff drink in your hand of course LOL.
ayacocca
by Lioness on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:45 AM
Lol, when they were younger I told my daughter that I was going to sale her on Craigslist lol.. my cousin laughed and said the buyer would return her.
landontsmama08
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:47 AM

Oh goodness! My son did that when he was about 2 or 3. It took me forever to get it open. I think I wound up finding a pair of tweezers that fit in the little hole. 

Quoting The_Doodle:

My 3 year old loves to lock their bedroom doors. Problem is, she does it when no one is in the bedroom....or the cat is in there alone...or my 1 year old is in there (who can't open doors or unlock them yet). We have to get new doors and I am for sure not having any damn locks on their bedroom doors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)