• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever just want to sell your child?

This weekend has been like that. Lol I'm about to put him on Ebay. 

What is one thing you are constantly telling your child not to do and they do it anyway?

For me, it's jumping/climbing on the furniture and slamming every drawer, cabinet, and the microwave. He's 9 and I have been telling him since before he was 2 to quit jumping and climbing on my furniture. He decideded to stand on the coffee table this morning and was going to jump onto the couch. Why? He doesn't know. "Just 'cause." He wound up stepping on a shadow box frame I had laying there and shattered it. How he didn't slice up his foot is beyond me. He also started yesterday and this morning by slamming the cabinets like there is a demon coming out of them. I just need a mommy vent this morning. Who's with me? Maybe we can get a group discount if we sell them all together. :)

by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:39 AM
Replies (21-24):
Olioxenfree
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 11:00 AM

I had a runner. I broke him of it by telling him that if he was going to run and can't keep himself under control, he would have to hold my hand literally every second we were out, so I can make sure he isn't running. Few days of constant handholding, he learned to keep it under control.

Quoting carterscutie85:

The fucking running.

He's always running. He can never just walk. And if I say something he tries to say "I wasn't running. I was walking fast!" Lol.

2 years ago we were at the zoo and he was running after being told not to. He hit his head on a tunnel and sliced his forehead open. He needed staples. Do you think he learned? Nope. He is 8 and still runs everywhere.

landontsmama08
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 11:02 AM

That's a good idea. I have even thought about getting one of those toddler leashes. Lol he would be mortified. Maybe I should try it. He may just get it through that thick head of his. 

Quoting Olioxenfree:

I had a runner. I broke him of it by telling him that if he was going to run and can't keep himself under control, he would have to hold my hand literally every second we were out, so I can make sure he isn't running. Few days of constant handholding, he learned to keep it under control.

Quoting carterscutie85:

The fucking running.

He's always running. He can never just walk. And if I say something he tries to say "I wasn't running. I was walking fast!" Lol.

2 years ago we were at the zoo and he was running after being told not to. He hit his head on a tunnel and sliced his forehead open. He needed staples. Do you think he learned? Nope. He is 8 and still runs everywhere.

left.drowning
by Fix Me on Aug. 13, 2017 at 11:02 AM
Sometimes.
carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Aug. 13, 2017 at 12:24 PM
I just chalk it up to being a boy for the most part lol.

Quoting landontsmama08:

Oh yes! That too. Mine runs everywhere and never learns either. He has hurt himself too and just keeps doing it. 

Quoting carterscutie85:

The fucking running.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)