Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is my question for current Republicans.

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 11:35 AM
  • 50 Replies
1 mom liked this

You're standing at a protest or rally waving your American flag.  Perhaps you are there because you are in favor of common sense immigration reform.  Maybe it's a protest against using tax money to fund Planned Parenthood.  Or it could be a protest against the removal of a Robert E Lee statue, a move which you believe is revisionist and/or apologist.

And while you're standing there peacefully waving your American flag, people come stand next to you and they're waving Nazi flags.  They may be wearing an American flag t-shirt or an In God We Trust baseball cap.  But they are waving big red flags with swastikas on them.  And there's more of them coming to join you in your protest/rally.

What do you do?

Don't text while driving.

---Janice---

by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 12:01 PM
6 moms liked this
I leave. I am a supporter of the second amendment, believe we should have security screenings for refugees, think that deporting those who are here and are undocumented is the right thing to do, I do not support the Nazi ideology, I do not think that white people are superior, nor do I think any other race is owed anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 12:03 PM
1st I don't go to protest, waste of time.
2nd if they're peacefully standing there the most you can do is leave.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Wave my flag higher and harder??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 12:10 PM
Nothing, but move away from them. They have a right to peacefully (keyword here) do their thing, even if I disagree with their idea.
HOT4TCHR
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 12:26 PM

Quoting Anonymous 4: Nothing, but move away from them. They have a right to peacefully (keyword here) do their thing, even if I disagree with their idea.

You can move away from the individuals to some extent but you are still part of the same group. You are viewed by others to be aligned with them.  Does that change your answer?

---Janice---

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 12:29 PM
3 moms liked this

I would never be there in the first place.  

These "protests" are stupid.  If you want to really do something to make a difference, get involved in politics on the local level and also write and/or call your congress people.  

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 13, 2017 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Leave.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 12:33 PM
2 moms liked this
For any protest you'll always have the extremist, women's march shit was done and said I'm sure most didn't agree with. Same for Black Lives Matter, I guess you have to be smart enough to know that protests will bring out the extremist in every situation and not to lump everyone together.

Quoting HOT4TCHR:

Quoting Anonymous 4: Nothing, but move away from them. They have a right to peacefully (keyword here) do their thing, even if I disagree with their idea.

You can move away from the individuals to some extent but you are still part of the same group. You are viewed by others to be aligned with them.  Does that change your answer?

weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Aug. 13, 2017 at 12:37 PM
I wouldn't want them joining me
HOT4TCHR
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 12:37 PM

Protests do tend to bring out extremists. Fair enough.

Quoting Anonymous 2: For any protest you'll always have the extremist, women's march shit was done and said I'm sure most didn't agree with. Same for Black Lives Matter, I guess you have to be smart enough to know that protests will bring out the extremist in every situation and not to lump everyone together.
Quoting HOT4TCHR:

---Janice---

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)