Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is my question for current Republicans.

Posted by   + Show Post

You're standing at a protest or rally waving your American flag.  Perhaps you are there because you are in favor of common sense immigration reform.  Maybe it's a protest against using tax money to fund Planned Parenthood.  Or it could be a protest against the removal of a Robert E Lee statue, a move which you believe is revisionist and/or apologist.

And while you're standing there peacefully waving your American flag, people come stand next to you and they're waving Nazi flags.  They may be wearing an American flag t-shirt or an In God We Trust baseball cap.  But they are waving big red flags with swastikas on them.  And there's more of them coming to join you in your protest/rally.

What do you do?

Don't text while driving.

---Janice---

by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 11:35 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 4:59 PM
Well I would never be at a protest or rally because I have more important things to do. Hell, watching paint dry would be a more important thing to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 5:01 PM
That's what happened in Charlottesville yesterday. It was republicans protesting

Quoting PJMM: Do Republicans protest? That seems like a more liberal Democrat thing. Me I'd leave and encourage others to do the same. These yahoos want attention. The less given, especially the media, the quicker they'll crawl back under their rock.
HOT4TCHR
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 5:01 PM

Quoting Anonymous 10: I'm not sure why all the liberal idiots on here think republicans are white supremacists. We are everyday Americans trying to live life just like you. The neo-Nazi's are an extremist group. Are you really that ignorant not to know this. I mean, really? As the old saying goes... It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt.

HI, I'm Jance.  I was a Republican for decades, although I began voting Libertarian in 2008.  I officially registered Libertarian this year.  I have never been a Democrat, nor have I ever been a "liberal idiot".  I have a fair number of liberal Democrat friends and none of them are idiots.  And when you make wild assumptions and throw around the term "liberal idiots" AND don't even manage to answer the question I asked, then you show yourself to be the idiot.

Now, a flag waving Nazi comes and stands next to you, aligning himself with you in the furthering of your cause.  What do you do?

---Janice---

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 5:03 PM
I'm not sure. On the one hand I don't want to be assiciated with them, on the other hand, I don't want those assholes pushing me out of my rally. Especially if I was there first. I would probably try to physically distance myself from them.
HOT4TCHR
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 5:03 PM

Quoting Anonymous 11: Do you ask the same question of BLM people when there are people rioting? All you ever hear is that only a few people were doing the bad things...everyone else was trying to stay peaceful....what do they do? Do they just stand there and watch the hoodlums be violent and destroy other's property?

I ask LOADS of questions on a daily basis.  Right now I'm asking this one.  It's a simple question.  Do you wish to answer it?

---Janice---

motherslove82
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 5:03 PM
I wouldn't have been there in the first place, but I would leave.

I'm not really a Republican, but I do believe some of those things.
HOT4TCHR
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 5:04 PM

Quoting Anonymous 13:

If I were a democrat should be answer be different?

I'm simply not in the mood to wade through THAT many replies and rather hoped to limit it to my target curiosity.

---Janice---

HOT4TCHR
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 5:06 PM

Quoting Anonymous 15: I've always wondered how they don't get that you are the company you keep. I teach this to my children. Even they get it. If you keep silent and stand beside someone doing or saying something awful, you are silently supporting that behavior. Walking away is the least you can do (or not associating with it), speaking up against it is the best you can do.

That is a premise which I was also taught.

---Janice---

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 5:32 PM
Sorry but I will not participate in a race baiting question. The only idiots are the ones that would post such an ignorant question.

Quoting HOT4TCHR:

Quoting Anonymous 10: I'm not sure why all the liberal idiots on here think republicans are white supremacists. We are everyday Americans trying to live life just like you. The neo-Nazi's are an extremist group. Are you really that ignorant not to know this. I mean, really? As the old saying goes... It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt.

HI, I'm Jance.  I was a Republican for decades, although I began voting Libertarian in 2008.  I officially registered Libertarian this year.  I have never been a Democrat, nor have I ever been a "liberal idiot".  I have a fair number of liberal Democrat friends and none of them are idiots.  And when you make wild assumptions and throw around the term "liberal idiots" AND don't even manage to answer the question I asked, then you show yourself to be the idiot.

Now, a flag waving Nazi comes and stands next to you, aligning himself with you in the furthering of your cause.  What do you do?

HOT4TCHR
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 7:49 PM
Race baiting now? I'm an Irish Italian American, married to a big blonde German American and mother to 2 blonde and blue eyed kids. Exactly who do you think I could possibly be baiting???

Quoting Anonymous 10: Sorry but I will not participate in a race baiting question. The only idiots are the ones that would post such an ignorant question.

Quoting HOT4TCHR:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)