• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not the racist white woman people assume....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

On the outside, you see a woman that lives in a nice house in the middle of the suburbs. I drive a nice car, my kids attend one of the best schools in the state, and they are wearing designer clothes. You might also notice a Trump bumper sticker on my husbands truck, an American flag hanging from our deck, and probably assume we're you're typical rich-white-racists bastards... 

but from the inside looking out.. let me tell you, it's not what you think. That nice house? We bought it as a foreclosure and it was wrecked inside until we gutted it and rebuilt it. Where did we get the money from? My dad paid for it. We still owe him. 

The nice car? I bought it used and yes, I'm making payments on it too. The best school? Just because we're in their district. Designer clothes? I'm very thrifty and they are 2nd hand clothes, just like mine. Sure, their shoes were bought brand new but that was a birthday present. It's not like I went out one day and bought them just because. No, I waited until they went on sale, bought a size up from what they were, and presented them at his birthday. 

The Trump sticker? We bought the truck off craigslist back in April. It came pre-decorated with it and dh doesn't believe me when I tell him to take a hair dryer to it to release the glue on it. He just wants to remove the whole damn bumper because it would look better without it. 

As for the American flag. Yeah, we're proud to be Americans. But it doesn't make us "racist". It's not like I'm hanging an Isis flag or using it as a terrorist threat. It's.Just. A. Fucking. Flag. 

Sorry needed to get that off my chest. Soo tired of being judged when people don't even realize we're not who they think we are. Just thrifty as fuck, in debt up to our ears, and living the dream. 

Oh and before anyone insults our vacation on a cruise... it wasn't a fucking cruise. It was a big ass effin boat and we got to take our picture with it while traveling out of state because of a funeral. Damn facebook cry babies. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2017 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't believe anyone is calling you a rich white racist for the reasons you stated. You are either making up oppression where there is none, or you say racist shit. Either way, stop trying to pretend you are aggrieved.
Cajunqueenslsg8
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
There's a difference between racism and white privilege.
SueWanda
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 2:40 PM

this

Quoting Anonymous 2: I don't believe anyone is calling you a rich white racist for the reasons you stated. You are either making up oppression where there is none, or you say racist shit. Either way, stop trying to pretend you are aggrieved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 2:40 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: I don't believe anyone is calling you a rich white racist for the reasons you stated. You are either making up oppression where there is none, or you say racist shit. Either way, stop trying to pretend you are aggrieved.
LightItUp
by RitatheGreat on Aug. 13, 2017 at 2:40 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2017 at 2:41 PM

No, I've been called a white racist bitch.. mostly because of the trump sticker and the American flag. However, I posted pics on social media (fb and twitter mostly) of the house, pictures of the kids, and a few people retweeted me saying must be nice to a white racist bitch. Soo... you believe what you want. You do you. 

I'm just airing my issues as an anonymous white woman so people can see that not everything is at it seems. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 2:42 PM
I feel ya! We just moved into a mainly black neighborhood. We gets lots of looks, glares, and scoffs just for being here. I would definitely get the Trump sticker off asap though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2017 at 2:42 PM

can you point out what part of this is white privilege? 

Quoting Cajunqueenslsg8: There's a difference between racism and white privilege.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 2:43 PM
😂 no one assumes I'm a racist and I live in a beautiful home, drive a nice car, my kids attend a prestigious private school, we all wear designer clothes I purchased new, and we manage to do it without having any debt outside of a modest mortgage.

It's something else you're doing. It isn't your lifestyle.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2017 at 2:43 PM

dh is having his friends come remove the bumper next weekend (they've been planning to remove several times over the last few months and still hasn't been done.)

Quoting Anonymous 4: I feel ya! We just moved into a mainly black neighborhood. We gets lots of looks, glares, and scoffs just for being here. I would definitely get the Trump sticker off asap though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)