Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today I Am Proud To Be An American

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 4:27 PM
  • 233 Replies
54 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I'm vacationing in NC and went to the local Unitarian Universalist church this morning. They talked about what happened in Charlottesville yesterday and then they hosted a vigil this afternoon. About 50 people, young and old, showed up with flags and signs and we sang UU songs. It was so beautiful and so moving. Yesterday I was ashamed to be an American, to be from a place that allowed things like that to happen. But today I'm reminded that there are more good people than bad in this country and even little mountain towns won't let hate win ✌️❤️💛💚💙💜
by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PaganMom1993
by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 4:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Bump!
PaganMom1993
by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 6:21 PM
6 moms liked this
Seriously? Y'all can insult each other and stir up drama all day long but you can't take two seconds to acknowledge something good? Pathetic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Your pictures represent the people I know and love. There are plenty of loving people out there but people seem to want to focus on the hate which just causes more hate.

Thanks for sharing!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 6:27 PM
2 moms liked this
Calm down mama

This is sweet, and good to see. It is unfortunate that bad things tend to get more attention than good, but they do

Quoting PaganMom1993: Seriously? Y'all can insult each other and stir up drama all day long but you can't take two seconds to acknowledge something good? Pathetic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 6:29 PM
11 moms liked this
So proud that you made a post and bashed people (calling them pathetic)for not responding quickly enough???

Quoting PaganMom1993: Seriously? Y'all can insult each other and stir up drama all day long but you can't take two seconds to acknowledge something good? Pathetic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 6:32 PM
4 moms liked this
Your hostility is pathetic and part of the problem in today's world.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 6:34 PM
3 moms liked this
😂😂😂😂

Quoting Anonymous 3: So proud that you made a post and bashed people (calling them pathetic)for not responding quickly enough???

bluefirewolf
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

those are great pictures!!  Just looking at them, makes me feel better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 6:35 PM
It's true though, right?
😂😂

Quoting Anonymous 5: 😂😂😂😂

Quoting Anonymous 3: So proud that you made a post and bashed people (calling them pathetic)for not responding quickly enough???

PaganMom1993
by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 6:35 PM
4 moms liked this
It just drives me crazy that these women can be so vile to each other but hardly ever offer support or congratulations or acknowledge happy posts.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Calm down mama

This is sweet, and good to see. It is unfortunate that bad things tend to get more attention than good, but they do

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)