Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today I Am Proud To Be An American

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I'm vacationing in NC and went to the local Unitarian Universalist church this morning. They talked about what happened in Charlottesville yesterday and then they hosted a vigil this afternoon. About 50 people, young and old, showed up with flags and signs and we sang UU songs. It was so beautiful and so moving. Yesterday I was ashamed to be an American, to be from a place that allowed things like that to happen. But today I'm reminded that there are more good people than bad in this country and even little mountain towns won't let hate win βœŒοΈβ€οΈπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ
by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 4:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 6:36 PM
Very much!

Quoting Anonymous 3: It's true though, right?
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Quoting Anonymous 5: πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Quoting Anonymous 3: So proud that you made a post and bashed people (calling them pathetic)for not responding quickly enough???

Quoting PaganMom1993: Seriously? Y'all can insult each other and stir up drama all day long but you can't take two seconds to acknowledge something good? Pathetic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
This is great. It gives me hope that not all is lost. It is such a bad, depressing time for our country.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this
100% in agreement on this.πŸ‘

Quoting Anonymous 4: Your hostility is pathetic and part of the problem in today's world.

Quoting PaganMom1993: Seriously? Y'all can insult each other and stir up drama all day long but you can't take two seconds to acknowledge something good? Pathetic.
PaganMom1993
by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 6:37 PM
The rally/vigil was in front out the county courthouse. Tons of people walked or drove by and cheered and took pictures. It was great.

Quoting Anonymom24-7: Where was this? A church?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 6:39 PM
Wow! 50 people! That was a huge turn out! That changes everything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 6:39 PM

are you bipolar?

Susan_Marie1984
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 6:41 PM
6 moms liked this
No matter what... No matter who is president... I am proud to be an American... everyday.
Bookwormy
by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 6:41 PM
4 moms liked this
I see you can't show your face & ass at the same time, or you wouldn't go anon.

Quoting Anonymous 7: Wow! 50 people! That was a huge turn out! That changes everything.
PaganMom1993
by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 6:42 PM
I posted this two hours ago and not one person responded. At the same time time, people were all over the CIO post and other drama fueled posts. It's just sad that people would rather deal with drama than be bother to respond to a positive post. And don't mean just mine. I mean any positive post. Hardly anyone says congratulations or offers condolences unless it's a super popular poster. It's like high school...

Quoting Anonymous 3: So proud that you made a post and bashed people (calling them pathetic)for not responding quickly enough???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2017 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
You aren't even a member of this group.
Anonymous is a feature here so you need to build a bridge and get the fuck over that shit right now.

Quoting Bookwormy: I see you can't show your face & ass at the same time, or you wouldn't go anon.

Quoting Anonymous 7: Wow! 50 people! That was a huge turn out! That changes everything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)