Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today I Am Proud To Be An American

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I'm vacationing in NC and went to the local Unitarian Universalist church this morning. They talked about what happened in Charlottesville yesterday and then they hosted a vigil this afternoon. About 50 people, young and old, showed up with flags and signs and we sang UU songs. It was so beautiful and so moving. Yesterday I was ashamed to be an American, to be from a place that allowed things like that to happen. But today I'm reminded that there are more good people than bad in this country and even little mountain towns won't let hate win βœŒοΈβ€οΈπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ
by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 4:27 PM
Replies (221-230):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 45 on Sep. 10, 2017 at 2:48 PM
I hope that you simultaneously agree that you are extremely lucky and blessed to have been born in a country where opportunity is handed to you, and you don't have to flee your home country in order for you and your children to have good lives.

Quoting Anonymous 46: I disagree with the "no one is illegal"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 46 on Sep. 10, 2017 at 2:54 PM
I am native American many things are taken from me all the time. We have less opportunity

Quoting Anonymous 45: I hope that you simultaneously agree that you are extremely lucky and blessed to have been born in a country where opportunity is handed to you, and you don't have to flee your home country in order for you and your children to have good lives.

Quoting Anonymous 46: I disagree with the "no one is illegal"
grannie_kel
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2017 at 3:03 PM
So much for being all about love. You just gave people a time frame of under 2 hours to come and adore you before calling them pathetic for not doing so.

Quoting PaganMom1993: Seriously? Y'all can insult each other and stir up drama all day long but you can't take two seconds to acknowledge something good? Pathetic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 47 on Sep. 10, 2017 at 3:06 PM

I'm always proud to be American. Exactly because of this reason, the right to fight for what I believe in. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Sep. 11, 2017 at 3:20 PM

Which candidate winning WOULD have made you proud to be an American????

Quoting GlitterInTheAir: I came in here ready to be like you Nazi lol But yea, no. Not proud to be an American today. Lost that pride the day trump was elected

GlitterInTheAir
by on Sep. 11, 2017 at 3:33 PM
Bernie Sanders πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Quoting Anonymous 48:

Quoting GlitterInTheAir: I came in here ready to be like you Nazi lol

But yea, no. Not proud to be an American today. Lost that pride the day trump was elected

Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Sep. 11, 2017 at 3:37 PM

I agree with absolutely everything you said except the part about why many go ANONYMOUS on here.  I don't go anon so that I can protect my persona.  I go anon because lately there seems to be a ton of moms on here who simply like to stalk and harrass other moms!   A TON OF BULLYING ON HERE!

But yes.  Everything else you said I agree with!  And thanks for calling out this poster.

Quoting ncbirdie: Except that your original comment was being an ass. You made a sarcastic comment about the turnout of a last minute event. When you see things like have been going on, it can be difficult to remember that there are good people in the world and the world looks very dark. And then you see something like this. A group of people who randomly said, "What can we do about this?" and then just jumped up and did it. Over 70% of that group turned out. You see that light and remember that not everyone is evil. It helps you to look for more light to help drive the darkness from your life. So, yeah, your comment was meant to stir the pot just a touch. And you went Anon because you knew what you were saying wasn't kind and you didn't want it reflecting on the CafeMom persona you've created. It is a big reason why most of the members comment Anon.
Quoting Anonymous 3: Wah wah wah!!! I don't like the anon button so I'm going to say hateful shit like "I see you can't show your face and your ass at the same time" when ever there is an opposing view. Very childish on your part. Have fun!
Quoting Bookwormy: I informed you that you are projecting whining onto me. Isn't stopping your behavior. You can keep going, but I'm well aware of your behaviors here. πŸ˜‰
Quoting Anonymous 3: I informed you about the feature (since you arent even a member of this group) and then suggested you realize it's part of this group and to get over it. Go ahead and spend all day, everyday bitching about that button...this should be fun to watch!! 🀣🀣
Quoting Bookwormy: I gave an authentic criticism, you didn't like it and whined, now you are projecting your behavior onto me. Classic! πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜„
Quoting Anonymous 3: You didn't like what 7 said, so you attacked her use of the anon button. This is all on YOU!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Quoting Bookwormy: You didn't like my criticism, you whined about it, then you projected your behavior onto me. Classic...πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜„
Quoting Anonymous 3: Whiner πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Quoting Bookwormy: Yeah, nope, sure don't. Thanks for playing.
Quoting Anonymous 3: You aren't even a member of this group. Anonymous is a feature here so you need to build a bridge and get the fuck over that shit right now.
Quoting Bookwormy: I see you can't show your face & ass at the same time, or you wouldn't go anon.
Quoting Anonymous 7: Wow! 50 people! That was a huge turn out! That changes everything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Sep. 11, 2017 at 3:38 PM

Not bad!  :)  I wish more people would have raised a stink about how a particular candidate STOLE his chances!

Quoting GlitterInTheAir: Bernie Sanders πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Quoting Anonymous 48:

Quoting GlitterInTheAir: I came in here ready to be like you Nazi lol But yea, no. Not proud to be an American today. Lost that pride the day trump was elected

Velisity
by on Sep. 13, 2017 at 9:21 AM

Hmm. I swear I've seen these pictures before.

MaganWiggins17
by on Sep. 14, 2017 at 2:23 PM

Proud to be born and raised in  North Carolina......this is beautiful....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)