Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today I Am Proud To Be An American

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I'm vacationing in NC and went to the local Unitarian Universalist church this morning. They talked about what happened in Charlottesville yesterday and then they hosted a vigil this afternoon. About 50 people, young and old, showed up with flags and signs and we sang UU songs. It was so beautiful and so moving. Yesterday I was ashamed to be an American, to be from a place that allowed things like that to happen. But today I'm reminded that there are more good people than bad in this country and even little mountain towns won't let hate win ✌️❤️💛💚💙💜
by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 4:27 PM
Replies (251-260):
technicolorgirl
by on Nov. 21, 2017 at 11:58 PM

this is lovely!!!

UmiFujii
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 3:08 PM

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Anonymous
by Anonymous 57 on Jan. 8, 2018 at 1:50 AM
UU’s are “ALL WELCOMING, NO MATTER WHAT YOUR CREED, COLOR, RACE, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, and POLITICAL AFFILIATION (Unless you are a Republican, or conservative in any shape or form, then you’re definitely not welcome and everyone is going to judge you constantly)”. UU’s are some of the most close minded people I’ve ever met. Don’t fall for their false message of unity, it’s just a cover for their gigantic liberal brainwash agenda. -From a former UU
Anonymous
by Anonymous 58 on Jan. 8, 2018 at 2:37 AM

Unfortunately, this is how the majority of women are. Catty, mean, and always looking to pounce. I love the images and it is beautiful and I would want a friend like you. Rare are the ones that look for good in this world and even rarer are those that are accepting and kind to others regularly. 

Quoting PaganMom1993: It just drives me crazy that these women can be so vile to each other but hardly ever offer support or congratulations or acknowledge happy posts.
Quoting Anonymous 2: Calm down mama This is sweet, and good to see. It is unfortunate that bad things tend to get more attention than good, but they do
Quoting PaganMom1993: Seriously? Y'all can insult each other and stir up drama all day long but you can't take two seconds to acknowledge something good? Pathetic.

momofthem311
by on Jan. 8, 2018 at 3:06 AM
That is not at all how it came out. I understood exactly what she was saying and that wasn’t it.

Quoting Anonymous 3: No matter the reason, it came out like
"Everyone should love and respect one another" everyone except you pathetic people.
Very very hypocritical of you.

Quoting PaganMom1993: I posted this two hours ago and not one person responded. At the same time time, people were all over the CIO post and other drama fueled posts. It's just sad that people would rather deal with drama than be bother to respond to a positive post. And don't mean just mine. I mean any positive post. Hardly anyone says congratulations or offers condolences unless it's a super popular poster. It's like high school...
Quoting Anonymous 3: So proud that you made a post and bashed people (calling them pathetic)for not responding quickly enough???
Quoting PaganMom1993: Seriously? Y'all can insult each other and stir up drama all day long but you can't take two seconds to acknowledge something good? Pathetic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2018 at 6:31 AM
You don't get to correct how I TOOK THIS!
This post is from last August. I'm over it.

Quoting momofthem311: That is not at all how it came out. I understood exactly what she was saying and that wasn’t it.

"Everyone should love and respect one another" everyone except you pathetic people.

Quoting PaganMom1993: I posted this two hours ago and not one person responded. At the same time time, people were all over the CIO post and other drama fueled posts. It's just sad that people would rather deal with drama than be bother to respond to a positive post. And don't mean just mine. I mean any positive post. Hardly anyone says congratulations or offers condolences unless it's a super popular poster. It's like high school...
Quoting Anonymous 3: So proud that you made a post and bashed people (calling them pathetic)for not responding quickly enough???
momofthem311
by on Jan. 8, 2018 at 9:22 AM
Actually I’m pretty damn free to say whatever the hell I like. You don’t get to tell me how to reply, no matter what damn month it’s from!

And you did take it wrong. It’s astonishing, the lack of being able to understand something these days

Quoting Anonymous 3: You don't get to correct how I TOOK THIS!

Quoting momofthem311: That is not at all how it came out. I understood exactly what she was saying and that wasn’t it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2018 at 9:33 AM
I am free to comment as I please.

She made a complete hypocrite of herself when she posted her negative comment about the group.

I stand by what I said.
Sorry you can't handle a difference of opinion without feeling you need to correct someone.

Have some kind of day. 🏄

Quoting momofthem311: Actually I�m pretty damn free to say whatever the hell I like. You don�t get to tell me how to reply, no matter what damn month it�s from!

And you did take it wrong. It�s astonishing, the lack of being able to understand something these days

Quoting momofthem311: That is not at all how it came out. I understood exactly what she was saying and that wasn�t it.

DezandDamesmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2018 at 9:35 AM
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
momofthem311
by on Jan. 8, 2018 at 9:36 AM
She was upset because people respond so quickly to trash and negative posts but more than 2 hours had gone by without one comment to her positive post and, THATS what she was commenting about.
Why is that so hard to get?

Quoting Anonymous 3: I am free to comment as I please.

She made a complete hypocrite of herself when she posted her negative comment about the group.

I stand by what I said.
Sorry you can't handle a difference of opinion without feeling you need to correct someone.

Have some kind of day. 🏄

Quoting momofthem311: Actually I�m pretty damn free to say whatever the hell I like. You don�t get to tell me how to reply, no matter what damn month it�s from!

And you did take it wrong. It�s astonishing, the lack of being able to understand something these days
Quoting momofthem311: That is not at all how it came out. I understood exactly what she was saying and that wasn�t it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)