Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today I Am Proud To Be An American

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I'm vacationing in NC and went to the local Unitarian Universalist church this morning. They talked about what happened in Charlottesville yesterday and then they hosted a vigil this afternoon. About 50 people, young and old, showed up with flags and signs and we sang UU songs. It was so beautiful and so moving. Yesterday I was ashamed to be an American, to be from a place that allowed things like that to happen. But today I'm reminded that there are more good people than bad in this country and even little mountain towns won't let hate win ✌️❤️💛💚💙💜
by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 4:27 PM
Replies (261-270):
amomanda
by Member on Jan. 8, 2018 at 9:36 AM
It has to be a new presidential election until I cash feel proud as an American again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2018 at 9:39 AM
You dont post about love and unity and then turn right around and act hateful (when you get mad that people aren't responding to your post quickly enough) without looking like a hypocrite.
What's so hard to understand about that???
Look, we don't agree.
It's fine.
See ya👋

Quoting momofthem311: She was upset because people respond so quickly to trash and negative posts but more than 2 hours had gone by without one comment to her positive post and, THATS what she was commenting about.
Why is that so hard to get?

Quoting Anonymous 3: I am free to comment as I please.

She made a complete hypocrite of herself when she posted her negative comment about the group.

I stand by what I said.
Sorry you can't handle a difference of opinion without feeling you need to correct someone.

Have some kind of day. 🏄

Quoting momofthem311: Actually I�m pretty damn free to say whatever the hell I like. You don�t get to tell me how to reply, no matter what damn month it�s from!

And you did take it wrong. It�s astonishing, the lack of being able to understand something these days
Quoting Anonymous 3: You don't get to correct how I TOOK THIS!
This post is from last August. I'm over it.
Quoting momofthem311: That is not at all how it came out. I understood exactly what she was saying and that wasn�t it.
Quoting Anonymous 3: No matter the reason, it came out like
"Everyone should love and respect one another" everyone except you pathetic people.
Very very hypocritical of you.
Quoting PaganMom1993: I posted this two hours ago and not one person responded. At the same time time, people were all over the CIO post and other drama fueled posts. It's just sad that people would rather deal with drama than be bother to respond to a positive post. And don't mean just mine. I mean any positive post. Hardly anyone says congratulations or offers condolences unless it's a super popular poster. It's like high school...
Quoting Anonymous 3: So proud that you made a post and bashed people (calling them pathetic)for not responding quickly enough???
Quoting PaganMom1993: Seriously? Y'all can insult each other and stir up drama all day long but you can't take two seconds to acknowledge something good? Pathetic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 59 on Jan. 8, 2018 at 9:42 AM
Knowing what we know about the atrocities committed against the native people and how damaged they are as a result, it's really heart breaking. I recently learned that NA teens have the highest suicide rates on this country and that's not all. So many people want to benefit from supposedly being native(and the majority aren't even native but I digress) but have 0 clue on what plagues the native communities nor do they even care. But they're super duper proud of their fake "Cherokee" heritage.

It's sickening, honestly.

Quoting Anonymous 46: I am native American many things are taken from me all the time. We have less opportunity

Quoting Anonymous 45: I hope that you simultaneously agree that you are extremely lucky and blessed to have been born in a country where opportunity is handed to you, and you don't have to flee your home country in order for you and your children to have good lives.

Quoting Anonymous 46: I disagree with the "no one is illegal"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 46 on Jan. 8, 2018 at 3:13 PM
I am not Cherokee. Many people claim them because of how big they are

Quoting Anonymous 59: Knowing what we know about the atrocities committed against the native people and how damaged they are as a result, it's really heart breaking. I recently learned that NA teens have the highest suicide rates on this country and that's not all. So many people want to benefit from supposedly being native(and the majority aren't even native but I digress) but have 0 clue on what plagues the native communities nor do they even care. But they're super duper proud of their fake "Cherokee" heritage.

Quoting Anonymous 46: I am native American many things are taken from me all the time. We have less opportunity

Quoting Anonymous 45: I hope that you simultaneously agree that you are extremely lucky and blessed to have been born in a country where opportunity is handed to you, and you don't have to flee your home country in order for you and your children to have good lives.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 60 on Jan. 8, 2018 at 4:41 PM

Maybe some of don't agree with those statements  Maybe not all of us agree with post.  Maybe some of us think this type of shit is simply shit. But you still tolerate and love us right?

Quoting PaganMom1993: Seriously? Y'all can insult each other and stir up drama all day long but you can't take two seconds to acknowledge something good? Pathetic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 60 on Jan. 8, 2018 at 4:47 PM

Well that's the problem.  There is no sign that says christian family values are okay, so your values aren't important or recognized for this group.  sorry they have no tolerance for anyone that disagrees with their banners and such.

Quoting Anonymous 51:

Left wing snowflake is upset because she didn't get the recognition she deserved? Maybe not all of us believe that gay is ok. Maybe some of us believe in christian family values. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 59 on Jan. 8, 2018 at 5:58 PM
In what sentence did I state you were Cherokee?

Quoting Anonymous 46: I am not Cherokee. Many people claim them because of how big they are

Quoting Anonymous 59: Knowing what we know about the atrocities committed against the native people and how damaged they are as a result, it's really heart breaking. I recently learned that NA teens have the highest suicide rates on this country and that's not all. So many people want to benefit from supposedly being native(and the majority aren't even native but I digress) but have 0 clue on what plagues the native communities nor do they even care. But they're super duper proud of their fake "Cherokee" heritage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 46 on Jan. 8, 2018 at 6:39 PM
Many people assume.

Quoting Anonymous 59: In what sentence did I state you were Cherokee?

Quoting Anonymous 46: I am not Cherokee. Many people claim them because of how big they are

Anonymous
by Anonymous 61 on Jan. 8, 2018 at 7:01 PM
Some one like this so I can read later?
Kriskash25
by Kristina on Feb. 4, 2018 at 8:01 PM
I'm totally oblivious to what happened yesterday. I'll have to go read about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)