Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reality is

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I have no friends. It sucks. No family that is supportive around me but I have a very loving husband and new baby. I should be super happy and I feel so guilty that I'm not but I just want a close friend that I can talk to everyday that calls to check in and vise versa... I see everyone with these friends they have been close with for so long and I wonder why that never happened for me and it is depressing. I know a lot of it is because I was in a physically and mentally abusive relationship for years before my husband and that turned a lot of people away but I just wish I had someone to be really close with and have lunches together go out for moms night maybe start a book club or just sit in and watch movies and make brownies just someone to talk to it really is tough. I haven't had a single close friend.. well... ever. A lot of it was because we moved constantly when I was younger and I didn't have time to establish friendships and my house was the druggie parents house so no one was allowed to hangout with me and when I got older I was with the abusive guy from 16 until 20 so I didn't make any friends.. now I feel lonely and wish I could find that friend I've tried so hard to.. 😞
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 14, 2017 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 14, 2017 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
The older you get the less friends you have.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 14, 2017 at 10:15 PM
But why does it have to be this way? It's awful!

Why can't you have a close relationship with another adult woman and really be in one another's lives.
I bet it would make a lot of people a lot happier

Quoting Anonymous 2: The older you get the less friends you have.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 14, 2017 at 10:20 PM
So true

nmkj
by Emerald Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I would rather not be around people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 14, 2017 at 11:08 PM
I'm in your boat. No close friends. Not one in my whole life. I'm a loyal and kind but super introverted person. It sucks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 14, 2017 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Go to a book club at your local library. I made many friends when my daughter was an infant and toddler. I was always at places with lots of other moms.
jellybeanjean
by All the makeup on Aug. 14, 2017 at 11:12 PM
2 moms liked this
It's only awful if you feel awful.

Try to join a Moms group...or attend events for new moms. If you want friends you can make them.

Quoting Anonymous 1: But why does it have to be this way? It's awful!

Why can't you have a close relationship with another adult woman and really be in one another's lives.
I bet it would make a lot of people a lot happier

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 14, 2017 at 11:13 PM
This! Go to as many kid events as you can. You will not make friends at all of them (or maybe even most of them), but you'll get there. Also, try finding an activity just for you. I've made most of my friends at my kids' sports practices and my yoga studio. Before that, I basically had no friends for a couple years.

Quoting Anonymous 5: Go to a book club at your local library. I made many friends when my daughter was an infant and toddler. I was always at places with lots of other moms.
MissTuree
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 11:14 PM
I'm opposite of you in a way. I have the same very close friends since high school (we're in our 30's now) which is fantastic, but I have never been married. I wonder what is so wrong with me that I can't find a good man to marry. So......reverse twinsies!!! lol

Are you a SAHM? If so go to all the mommy and me things and meet other moms. As your kid gets older and gets into activities and school you'll make friends as well as long as you're open to it. It was always hard for me to make friends like that because we moved a lot and I was a lot younger than the other moms and being single made many of them leery of me but it sounds like you're not in that position so you should be fine!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 14, 2017 at 11:15 PM
I don't want any friends. I even hide behind anon so no one tries to be my friend on here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)