Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you call the cops. Edit for why I asked

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
If you get into a fender bender and all it does it knock your hubcap off? No damage otherwise.

Edit
So today my mom got into a minor accident. She was backing out and a car come up real fast behind her. I kinda think it was done on purpose due to how it turned out. So my mom back up and somehow hit this lady car. My mom is a really nervous person she got out saying i am so sorry. My mom called me crying. The other lady got out screaming stupid ass motherfuckers that don't know how to drive fucking up my car. I just got it 6 months ago and motherfuckers want to fuck it up. Screamed at my mom to call the fucking cops. After the cops got There . Neither my mom nor the other lady has insurance it isn't mandatory in the state there was a scratch on the lady car and she tried to say my mom did it. The cop examined it and said this scratch is old she didn't do this. All she did was knock the hubcap off and the cops put it back on. When the cops said that the lady said well just give me $50 and we'll be done with it. My mom being the nervous person she is, she handed the lady $50. No police report was made and everyone left.

I asked because I too, wouldn't have called the cops. I have done it. I was rear ended one time. No damage to my vehicle but my hitch went though their grill. I asked them if they wanted a police report because my vehicle was fine and they said no.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2017 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 15, 2017 at 5:11 PM
Probably not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 15, 2017 at 5:11 PM
Yes, any accident
paigea
by on Aug. 15, 2017 at 5:12 PM

No, I wouldn't.  I think they wouldn't want to be called in that instance anyway

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
No. I have been in similar accidents and no one wanted to call nor did they. As long as nothing is turned into the insurance, it should be fine.
Fireball101586
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
No waste of their time to me.
K3412
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 5:20 PM

Yes. I would want a report no matter what.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 15, 2017 at 5:21 PM
Probably not. No harm, no foul.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 15, 2017 at 5:25 PM
Hubcaps? Geez how old is the car??!!!

No call the cops if your car is messed up and going for insurance. Or a nice car that is leased or financed.. if no damage why bother?! Keep in mind thenother individual might call his insurance or even police.. so get something in writing from them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 15, 2017 at 5:31 PM
Nope never I've only ever gotten into fender binders, my husband is a mechanic I call him or send pictures to him (it's never been my fault) and he says to either get their ins or leave it alone. To date we have never filed a claim on some ones ins. It's always been a tiny scratch or dent that's easily fixed. No biggie. Wait I lied 9 years ago it was pouring rain and this stupid cunt hit me, I was very pregnant and she couldn't be bothered to get out of the car to chk for damages so I had to while she sat her happy ass in her car. There was barely any damage so I was going to let her go without her info until she said well what damage is done to my car.... when I lost my shit about her need to get out and chk it out herself she was a bitch so I called the police and she got 4 tickets in one and I filed on her ins. Gah.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 15, 2017 at 5:38 PM

Yup.  I do not want anyone accusing me of a hit and run.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)