Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clumsiest Moment?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:02 AM
  • 30 Replies

I got the idea from my post about nicknames, because a member and I got to talking about how clumsy we are. So I just copied and pasted my clumsiest moment. What's yours? 

Way back in 1999, I was doing nails in a spa/gym. I actually saw a few celebrities there, it was very popular. So the way it was set up was that my little nail area was blocked off by a partition, and we were on the bottom floor of the gym. So if you looked up, you could see the second floor, it was open floor. And this is important information.

I was doing a pedicure on one of those cheap plastic seats that you see in salons. So I'm straddling this thing, doing my thing on my very nice customer. I had been away all weekend and my bosses were doing interviews. Apparently someone had broken the chair but I didn't know before I sat down.

I am hearing this cracking noise and before I know it, I'm on the floor, on my back, spread eagle....and this is the funny part....I had decided to wear a skirt that day with NO PANTIES. Yeah....so I gave my customer a very good view of my snatch, and the people up on the second floor? Yeah, they saw too. 

I was so embarrassed that I didn't even realize that a large piece of plastic the shape of a knife had cut the back of my thigh. And the noise was so loud that my boss heard it from across the gym and came running to see what happened. All these other people came in to see too, as my boss is lifting my skirt to look at the back of my thigh where I was cut, which was right underneath my ass cheek. I don't remember how many stitches I got, but I definitely got them. 

by on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:05 AM
I don't know, but I fall up and down the stairs a lot. At least once a week.
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:09 AM
Yeah I was gonna say the stairs trip me all the time 😏

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't know, but I fall up and down the stairs a lot. At least once a week.
sha_lyn68
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:10 AM
Nothing's jumping out at the moment from the past but yesterday my daughter left a cardboard box in the hallway. I was carrying a laundry basket and did not see it. Somehow I tripped over the box and managed to step on my right foot very hard with my left foot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:10 AM

My brain over reacted to a toy on the step above the last step and i fell. Did not even touch the toy.

I was ok but to add insult to my already damaged ego ds reenacted my fall and laughed.

ShesSoUnusual
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:34 AM

That sounds like something my daughter would do!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

My brain over reacted to a toy on the step above the last step and i fell. Did not even touch the toy.

I was ok but to add insult to my already damaged ego ds reenacted my fall and laughed.

Kiwismommy19
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:55 AM
I listed some in the other post. Bruising my knee tripping over the dog food bowl and hitting it on the corner of the fridge. Started swelling so I went to get some ice. Tripped over the damn food bowl a second time and hit my knee on the fridge again. There was the time I fell over the porch rail and broke a rib. Dislocated my shoulder falling down my porch steps, got 8 stitches from scraping my arm on the jagged edge of the first aid kit at work. I fell off the backyard zip line. I knocked over a huge 6 foot tall, 8 shelf shelf that held cartons of cigarettes on both sides by turning and walking into the damn thing. Boss wasn't happy with that one, about a dozen cartons of cigarettes landed in the dish water about 2 feet from the shelf. Tried separating 2 pieces of frozen chicken by holding it in my left hand and jamming the knife between them with my right hand. That ended in chicken on the floor and a knife dangling from my hand. I slipped at work once and landed in the dish water. I was walking towards it fastly, slipped and flipped into it. Played hell getting out since my feet were up in the air. I broke toes on 3 separate occasions dropping a dryer door on my feet. There's more haha
MissTuree
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:58 AM
Nothing I can think of at the moment.

Couple of months ago my son broke a glass cup in his mouth because he had the bright idea to chew on the edge. -___- He's 12 btw. No excuse. Luckily he didn't get a single scratch, just a stunned look at me as a piece of glass hung out of his mouth. I almost had a heart attack.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:59 AM

I got up off the couch kind of quickly and the remote dropped off the side and into a corner.  I just couldn't get my bearings and stumbled.  I kind of fell into the couch and ended up ripping my big toenail off.  It was standing up at a 45-degree angle, like a car hood lol

nanny1918
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 1:00 AM
I thought I was the only one who fell going upstairs.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't know, but I fall up and down the stairs a lot. At least once a week.
Devilish_One
by on Aug. 16, 2017 at 1:03 AM
I was helping my dad carry an ice chest, I stepped in a hole, lost my balance and tried to catch myself on a bird feeder, missed that, and flew over the ice chest.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)