Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I seriously need help with this ETA... Mystery SOLVED!

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2017 at 8:55 AM
  • 14 Replies

I've got one if those cordless phone sets for my landline. Its got 3 handsets. One handset is lost. The other two won't work because the lost one is off the hook. I didn't worry about not being able to find it because I figured the problem would resolve itself when the handset's battery died. But its been days. So today I figured I would disconnect the main base from the phone line into the house. Surely that would hang it up, right? But it didn't.

So what next?

CM disclaimers...yes, I still need a landline. Yes, obviously I do need to do a better job cleaning my house. Yes, I checked the couches.

Thanks in advance for any helpful comments😊

ETA I'm a flippin' moron!  We also have a phone out in the garage.  Not a cordless...a real old fashined dial it up phone. We don't use it and I didn't think of it.  It had gotten knocked off the hook one way or another. 

Don't text while driving.

---Janice---

by on Aug. 16, 2017 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:04 AM

It doesn't have that locator beep thing?

AbbyWalsh
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:05 AM
Most phone sets have a way to "page" the other handsets. Do that to find the missing one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:07 AM

How old is that phone?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:10 AM

That is so weird because I have had quite a few phones with multiple headsets and you don't need all three to make them work. I have always just been able to put one on the main base and once it connects they will all work. 

3gr8tKids
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:15 AM

LOL, I laugh only because I am on my 3rd landline handset this year alone. Fortunately, mine was off. Seriously we just replaced ours this week again after a month of looking for the damn handset. 

We have a landline because it was cheaper in the bundle. I'm also in an area where service can be sketchy for calls.

K3412
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:23 AM
Well it's somewhere in your house, right? Just got to find it!
HOT4TCHR
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:22 PM
Yes but its not finding the lost one. And I can't imagine how it can possibly still have a charge.

And how can it still be off the hook if the battery is dead? It makes no sense!?!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

It doesn't have that locator beep thing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe the trouble is with the phone line and not the phone?
HOT4TCHR
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:24 PM
6 years?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

How old is that phone?

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd just say 'eff it' and buy a new set.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)