Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your children are your first responsibilty*Update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Ex kept threatening to take me back to court to have CS lowered. He pays $577 a month for DD. He is also supposed to cover her medical insurance which he never has I have, and owes $5000+ in back support. His reasoning for this is he married a woman who had 2 kids of her own, and he has to help support them since she only gets $50 a month for one and nothing for the other. Well he did, and we went to court yesterday. It did not go well for him at all. He wanted CS lowered to $250 a month and NOTHING MORE. He is making more now than he was 6 years ago when CS was originally done. I had all of the documentation to prove I have been the one covering DD's insurance from day one, and the paperwork from CS showed the back support he owed. When the judge asked why he was asking for a reduction, the idiot actually told him it was because of marrying a woman with two kids he needs to help support. The judge asked if they were his kids too, and he said no, just hers. The judge told him flat out that her children are HER responsibilty, his first responsibilty is to the kids he helped create. The judge asked why he hadn't been covering insurance, his was response that it was because I was already covering it, and he didn't think he should have to. The judge just said that court orders are not a do as you choose, but a do as your ordered to. In the end the CS went up to $625 a month, he still owes all of the back support, and now also owes me for health insurance for the last 7 years to the tune of $160 a month for 84 months, as I pay $109 a week for DD and myself. The judge figured I paid $40 a week for DD's insurance. So the judge added an additional $150 a month until it's paid in full. Ex is pissed. Oh well. Not my problem. I was just going to leave it alone. I was fine with the $577 a month, and just taking care of the insurance myself. The money I receive is nice little bonus, but we can live without. Now I am ignoring his messages about how I should have just aborted, and how this is all my fault. Eh. Oh well. He can be mad all he wants, but I didn't get pregnant by myself, we both knew it was a risk when we had unprotected sex, and he knew abortion is not for me (I am PROCHOICE FOR ANY ONE THAT IS NOT ME). He can be mad at himself for this. He wanted everything reviewed, and it's not my fault he got an increase instead of the descrease he wanted.

*Update*

I just got a message from his wife, who I just blocked, telling me that I should have spoken up to the judge, and said that I wanted the reduction, and to drop the back support and medical expenses. That I am taking money out of their household fof stuff I can ovbiously cover myself. They need that money I am now stealing from him. Now at least one of them needs to get a second job because of me. I didn't respond, and just blocked her. Again, oh well. Not my problem.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:32 AM

I agree. Her kids aren't his problem. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:32 AM
Jesus. You women sure pick some winners.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:33 AM
Yeah. Pretty much. He was not a smart move on my part, but I wouldn't trade DD for the world.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Jesus. You women sure pick some winners.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:34 AM
Nope. Live and learn.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I agree. Her kids aren't his problem. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:39 AM
PARAGRAPHS
Geeez17
by Emerald Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:40 AM
What an asshole, you should have aborted her!!! SMH...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:42 AM
At first, I was gonna disagree... like no, my first responsibility is myself. If I'm not ok, my kids won't be ok.

But in this case, totally agree!
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:44 AM

My ex still tries to claim that the oldest two aren't his. Which of course is bs, not to mention that all 6 kids of his have exactly the same features. (4 are mine 2 are with his stb exwife)

Some men do not deserve the title of father.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:45 AM
I hope he doesn't have visitation with her. Saying those things would be very hurtful if she heard them.
StarLight23
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:46 AM

Good job keeping a cool head!

I wouldn't be talking to ex if I didn't absolutely have to!

This I totally agree with. That judge was awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)