Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Putting the dog in a room for the day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
This dog STINKS! Her farts are making me vomit. She may have gas or something but I can't handle her farts any longer. I am pregnant so everything smells like death righ now. I tried making her sit on the opposite side of the room next to the open windows and doors but she keeps making her way right next to my feet. The dog belongs to my SO and he won't be home until around 7pm. He's the only one who takes her outdoors. She's a big dog so I refuse to take any chances with taking her outside by myself. I just want to put her in one of the spare rooms and shut the door until my SO gets here. What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:45 AM

Does she like to be outside?  Why not let her lounge around outside and enjoy some fresh air?

Bibbidibobidibo
by on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this
She probably has to go to the bathroom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:46 AM
She's old and don't care to be outside unless she's going to the bathroom and we don't have a fence.

Quoting Tinse:

Does she like to be outside?  Why not let her lounge around outside and enjoy some fresh air?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:48 AM
2 moms liked this
I hope you guys never get another dog. Poor thing can't even go out to the bathroom. Then you'll probably yell at her if she goes in whatever room you put her in.

Quoting Anonymous 1: She's old and don't care to be outside unless she's going to the bathroom and we don't have a fence.

Quoting Tinse:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:48 AM
She goes twice a day and my SO already took her out this morning. I hope she can hold it if she needs to go again because I won't take her out by myself.

Quoting Bibbidibobidibo: She probably has to go to the bathroom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:48 AM
5 moms liked this

I would go for a walk.  You are a grown women I think you should be able to handle walking a dog regardless of size. 

Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:48 AM

Aw...poor ol' gal!  

Quoting Anonymous 1: She's old and don't care to be outside unless she's going to the bathroom and we don't have a fence.
Quoting Tinse:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Foods can cause gas in dogs just like humans. If she's comfy, why don't you get up and move if you are the one who is being bothered?

I don't get it, she's big so you are afraid to take her out, but she's old? How can you be afraid to take an old dog outside?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:49 AM

Give her some plain yogurt

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:49 AM
Trust me, I don't even want this dog so I am with you. I hope he never gets another dog and if I'm here that's not going to happen anyway.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I hope you guys never get another dog. Poor thing can't even go out to the bathroom. Then you'll probably yell at her if she goes in whatever room you put her in.

Quoting Tinse:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)