Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

segregation- possibility?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 78 Replies
Maybe I've been hiding under a rock my entire life but it seems like there's a lot more outward racism...

ds asked whether the "white people wouldn't be able to play with the black people like a long time ago"...

Now, obviously, that won't happen. Checks and balances, all that good governmental stuff.

But it made me question- how many people would support going back decades and separating people based on color?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Damn_Pixi
by Morgie on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:55 AM

Too many.

Fireball101586
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Not me, I love my family and friends that aren't the same color as me. I have 2 (well had 2) Aunts that are biracial , many cousins that are black, and cousins that are Puerto Rican. How about anyone that wants that or hates we send THEM somewhere. And let the rest of us live in peace!
Diva-Mami
by Petty LaBelle on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Way too many

Quoting Damn_Pixi:

Too many.

Fireball101586
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:59 AM
I had the one Aunt die and just moved the other one closer to me, no way am I giving her up. Oh and she wouldn't allow someone to separate from me either. That woman helped raise me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Yep. I'm sure the Nazis would be all for it. I feel if the south had their way, they never would've desegregated. I mean, they fought it tooth and nail back then.

Quoting Damn_Pixi:

Too many.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
And where would all of us mixed race people go?

Honestly, though, one can pretty much achieve "segregation" now. There are places that are predominately white or black or Asian or whatever if someone really desires. They'd just have to go live in rural West Virginia or similar.
meriana
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:01 PM

It does make one wonder when at a few universities black college students have demanded to have their own spaces where only people of color are allowed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:02 PM
That's what I don't understand- America is a melting pot... but I don't understand racism either.

Ds asked whether his uncle, my brother, would have to be our slave since he's black (technically biracial). I'm like nope, that will never, ever happen. Way too many people would stand up against it.

Quoting Fireball101586: Not me, I love my family and friends that aren't the same color as me. I have 2 (well had 2) Aunts that are biracial , many cousins that are black, and cousins that are Puerto Rican. How about anyone that wants that or hates we send THEM somewhere. And let the rest of us live in peace!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:03 PM

It seems like it's the black people that want to segregate themselves moreso than the whites excluding them. 

I like everybody.   Even though I've been called a racist about a million times on these boards.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:05 PM
POC definitely are going for segregation. They have their own colleges, own neighborhoods, own banks etc
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)