Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I walked out on my date last night

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 267 Replies
1 mom liked this

I went out last night with a guy I had been out with one other time before. The first time we went to see a movie together and then walked around. Things went really well. 

We decided to go out to a pretty nice restaurant. I ordered crab and caviar on brioche as an entree. I have heard great things about it and wanted to try it. 

I excused myself to go to the restroom. I came back and everything was going good so far until the waiter brought out the entrees. Instead of what I ordered it was onion rings and fried pickles. I said that there must have been a mistake. My date said there wasnt a mistake but instead he changed my order. I was a little shocked. I wasnt sure why he would do that

I mean I like onion rings so it wasnt the end of the world but I have never had fried pickles and I wasnt interested in trying them. It was odd to me that he would do that. Maybe he thought it was gross? I wasnt sure what to think. 

I asked the waiter to bring me the original entree I wanted. I really wanted to try it. My date kinda got upset. He said that was the most expensive one on the list and that I should think about it before I order it. I told him it was fine and that is what I wanted. 

I was getting pretty uneasy about the whole thing. Well when we ordered our main dishes I wanted a steak. He didnt seem happy about that. I didnt know if I should say anything or just leave it. My brioche came out and it was great but things seemed tense. I decided to just order a drink or two and just chalked it up to him being nervous or something. I asked him if he wanted to get a bottle of wine or something

He said no and asked if I was going out of my way to pick the most expensive stuff. I said no, I was just ordering what I wanted. Then he said that I should be more respectful when I am ordering on a date. That he wasnt made of money and he was happy to be out with me but within reason. 

I flat out told him I had no intention of him paying for me so I didnt even think about the price. He said he is a man and he will pay but I need to "chill out" about it

I got up, told the waiter I wanted my steak to go, paid for my portion, and left when the steak was ready. I will not go out with him again

ETA: We went in halfs at the movies so I didnt think I needed to talk to him about it again. Halfs is the norm when dating where I live. I have never once had an issue with going halfs or people assuming they were covering the whole bill on any other date I have ever been on 

What he did was rude. I honestly should have called him out when he cancelled my entree but all of it combined was just too much for me. I dont want to have to stress out about if what I am ordering is okay with him. I also dont need him paying for me. 

He has been calling and texting me all day to apologise. I told him to stop contacting me. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Fuck that!
SPNpudding
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
🤦🏻‍♀️ I don't miss dating. Lol. And I'm glad DH thinks it's cute that I order steak and beer. Lol

When I did go on dates, I'd ask the guy what he was getting and when he told me, I'd look at the price of it and choose something in that price range.
razorbackfan
by BadgerMom on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:13 PM
7 moms liked this
Yes you should have been mindful of what you where ordering. If you wanted to pay for your part you should have told him BEFORE the date and started ordering.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:14 PM
4 moms liked this
I can see both sides here to be honest with you. It would appear that you're a bit too high maintenance for him.
cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

What a bitch you are!!!!!!! 

BCauseImAwesome
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:15 PM

Yeah I am always careful what I spend when Im going out with someone unless its like my husband. But I also would have been expecting him to pay so I would have been more careful. I can see where you are coming from since you were planning to pay for yourself. And he was very rude about it.

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow, he sounds like a jerk.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

We split the movie half and half so I didnt think we would have to talk about it. I order what I want when going out. How he acted was not okay in anyway. I didnt do anything wrong. If he had concerns about it he should have brought it up respectfully "Hey I noticed you ordered an expensive entree. I know we dont know each other well but I dont have a lot of expendable money. Could we be mindful of the amount we are spending?" or something like that would have been much better than what he did. I could have easily said I was paying for myself and there would have been 0 drama 

Quoting razorbackfan: Yes you should have been mindful of what you where ordering. If you wanted to pay for your part you should have told him BEFORE the date and started ordering.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:16 PM
How

Quoting cutebaby06:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2017 at 12:17 PM

How am I a bitch?

Quoting cutebaby06:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)