Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hate my job

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
I hate my job.I don't want to go back to the jobs I've had before. I don't know what to try next.

I don't mean like my job annoys me. I mean some days I can't get out of bed because of it.

Have you ever quit your job and gone to something completely different?

From what to what?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2017 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 4:04 PM
Yes, but I had to go to school for it.

Juvenile probation officer to physical therapist.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll never work retail or in the restaurant industry again. Basically if it's not in an office, M-F, 9-5, I'm not interested. 

pinkdragon36
by No on Aug. 16, 2017 at 4:06 PM
Yes i hate my job but until i find a new one.i am aboutcto go backvto school so i can move on
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2017 at 4:07 PM
I've thought about PT

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes, but I had to go to school for it.

Juvenile probation officer to physical therapist.
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Aug. 16, 2017 at 4:08 PM
I did. I absolutely hated the research industry, basically running BG checks, bankruptcy checks etc. for Lawyers and prospective owners of Condos & Coops. Big old pain

So I quit. I have a quiet, stress free job in Arbitration now. I can't escape the legal industry obviously
3gr8tKids
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 4:08 PM

I'm losing my passion for what I am doing now. I think id be just as happy working in the stable up the road around the horses shoveling manure. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2017 at 4:09 PM
An office job would be fine, in a different field.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I'll never work retail or in the restaurant industry again. Basically if it's not in an office, M-F, 9-5, I'm not interested. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2017 at 4:10 PM
Quiet. Yes. Independent. That's what I want. Just leave me alone, let me do my 9-5 and don't force me into constant ridiculous meetings.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine: I did. I absolutely hated the research industry, basically running BG checks, bankruptcy checks etc. for Lawyers and prospective owners of Condos & Coops. Big old pain

So I quit. I have a quiet, stress free job in Arbitration now. I can't escape the legal industry obviously
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2017 at 4:12 PM
If I was physically able I'd do something like landscaping. Even dog walking.

Quoting 3gr8tKids:

I'm losing my passion for what I am doing now. I think id be just as happy working in the stable up the road around the horses shoveling manure. 

Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Aug. 16, 2017 at 4:12 PM
I feel like we have meetings all the time lol and "training" classes but for the most part, I work independently in a quiet office. No one bothers me. I work 9-5, weekends off, overtime if I want it and I cannot wait until Labor Day. We get off 1pm the day before, and we're all out of the office until 9/5. Yippee!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Quiet. Yes. Independent. That's what I want. Just leave me alone, let me do my 9-5 and don't force me into constant ridiculous meetings.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine: I did. I absolutely hated the research industry, basically running BG checks, bankruptcy checks etc. for Lawyers and prospective owners of Condos & Coops. Big old pain

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)