Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need a great book to read on a long flight I am going to be taking in about a week

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 88 Replies

Name me one book in each subject  Romance, thrillers, mysteries  etc. etc.  Thanks!   

I think I am going to read  Dark Tower series, I found the Gunslinger for 12 bucks at a grocery store!!   

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2017 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
S.M.ile
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 5:56 PM
Anna Karenina, Thorn Birds... that's from the romance I guess.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not sure how it would be classified but The Help is an excellent book. Any of the Virgil Flowers books by John Sandford are great mystery reads.
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:02 PM
Anything by Robert R McCammon is excellent. Swan's song for apocalyptic horror, Speaks the Nightbird is the first in his Matthew Corbett series which is set in colonial America. He has so many good books and they're all excellent choices.
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:03 PM
That fucking Flowers! LOL

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm not sure how it would be classified but The Help is an excellent book. Any of the Virgil Flowers books by John Sandford are great mystery reads.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:04 PM
Tea girl of hummingbird lane or anything by Lisa See.
Anything by Jodi Picoult, my mothers keeper (i think) was a good one I read recently.
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:06 PM
You could start a series, like the Dark Tower books.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this
He is such a great character. They need to make a movie from one of the books.

Quoting bmw29: That fucking Flowers! LOL

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm not sure how it would be classified but The Help is an excellent book. Any of the Virgil Flowers books by John Sandford are great mystery reads.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:08 PM
Everything we Keep or All the breaking waves by Kerry Lonsdale are great reads.
tsatske2
by Latricia on Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:09 PM

I like paranormal. The ones I normally read can be called paranormal romances or paranormal mysteries. I'm really digging witch mysteries right now. I like Laurel K. Hamilton who has a Vampire-werewolf series and a fairy series, I like MaryJanice Davidson who has a vampire series, a werewolf series, and a mermaid series, And I like Charlene Harris, who has a vampire series (that was made into the true blood series on TV) and a new series with vampires witches and so on, the Midnight Crossing series. That's a good book to read.  She also writes some good mystery series that are not paranormal. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:11 PM
Anne Rice The Witching Hour
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)