Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm suing Walmart!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 82 Replies

Mobile Photo

Ok, not really but I did get hurt today and I'm tempted to contact the manager and speak to him/her about what happened.

Today I had to go to Walmart for cat litter. I try to avoid that place but they are the cheapest so I went. The cat litter I buy is in a plastic bucket and it's 35 lbs (see picture)

At walmart they stack these one on top of the other and it all sits on a wooden pallet. Because it's sitting on a wooden pallet there isn't a whole lot of space above the top box of cat litter making it a bit awkward to pick one up.

Today when picking up the top one the bottom one fell onto my foot. There is a nasty bruise and it took the wind out of me for a few moments.

I'm thinking of contacting the manager and asking if they could remove the pallets because of the height of the shelf, and that if they would have removed the pallets you'd be able to actually pick the box of cat litter up off of the bottom rather than having to tilt the bottom one out and hope for the best.

Do you think they would be receptive to what I suggest? I planned on explaining that I got hurt when one fell on me and that's why I'd suggest removing the pallets.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:22 PM
I doubt they will care or do anything, but you can try.
Kiwismommy19
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:23 PM
2 moms liked this
They legally have to keep stuff on pallets. But I'd definitely say something about them being so high. At least that's what it sounds like your problem was.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:24 PM

Sorry you were hurt, but unless you have an attorney send them a letter they will do nothing. The only that could light a fire underneath their cheap butts is the threat of a lawsuit

mcrowley22
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:24 PM

Did you fill out an incident report when it happened? If you didn't I doubt there is anything they will do. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Why not just ask for assistance getting the tub? I don't work for walmart, so giving them tips isn't my job and I wouldn't waste my time. I'd either ask someone to get it for me or pick a less complicated litter. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:25 PM
I wondered if they had to keep the stuff on pallets and that's why we they were.

Hmm, well then the whole design is flawed. They really shouldn't have the cat litter in that spot but I doubt they will bother to change anything.

Quoting Kiwismommy19: They legally have to keep stuff on pallets. But I'd definitely say something about them being so high. At least that's what it sounds like your problem was.
emandab
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:26 PM
I doubt they would be able to remove the pallets because I'm pretty sure that falls under the " all products two inches off the floor" rule. Sure they could put them on shelves but I don't think that solves you problem. But I only kind of understood your scenario lol. I could be completely wrong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:26 PM
2 moms liked this
They LEGALLY have to? That's odd since I've worked at to walamrts who do NOT keep their cat liter on pallets lol.

Quoting Kiwismommy19: They legally have to keep stuff on pallets. But I'd definitely say something about them being so high. At least that's what it sounds like your problem was.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:26 PM
Lmao
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:27 PM
Ask for assistance? 🤣

I can never find a person to help in Walmart, one of the reasons I try to avoid that place. When I do finally hunt one down they either don't speak enough English to understand me or they tell me that's not their department or even better I've had many who just look at me and say I don't know. They don't even bother trying to help.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Why not just ask for assistance getting the tub? I don't work for walmart, so giving them tips isn't my job and I wouldn't waste my time. I'd either ask someone to get it for me or pick a less complicated litter. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)