Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you were abused as a child

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
Do you still talk to your parents?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Trouser.Mouse
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:55 PM
Yes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:56 PM

Yes but my parents didn't abuse me and they didn't know about it 

juniors.mommy
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:57 PM
Yes. Not much tho...my mom was very mentally/emotionally abusive..shes npt as bad now that im am adult
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:57 PM
No. That was one of several factors in cutting contact a few years ago.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Aug. 16, 2017 at 11:59 PM
I wasn't abused. My Mom was not violent. She didn't even spank.

We are still very close!

Bump!

nanny1918
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 12:16 AM
My mom lives in a different part of the country. I talked to her randomly.She tries to pretend like she's a good mom, giving me advice and acting like we're close.
Whenever I bring up the past, 40 years of neglect and mental/physical abuse, she tells me to get over it and that I'm hurting her because I won't let it go.
She has no apology or explanation for the multiple beating every week when I was a little girl. For me having to take care of her drunk ass all the time. The things she allowed to happen to me..
I ran away at 15. I was rapped, I became pregnant. It was probably the best thing that could have happened to me because I worked hard to give my dd a better life.
My mother is almost 70 now and she actually thinks now that my youngest child is moving away to college, that she can live with me so I can care for her. I'm fine with her dying alone. I won't allow poison in my home.
It isn't going to happen !
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Aug. 17, 2017 at 12:27 AM
No.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 17, 2017 at 12:28 AM
Yes I do in order to be allowed to speak to other family members. My mother pretends the abuse has never happened and has randomly stated to me 'I was a good mother. I never hit you or treated you badly'. She acts like she believes what she states; but the fact that it comes out of her mouth at such random times is a bit odd.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 17, 2017 at 12:32 AM

My bff and her sister were sexually abused by their stepfather. Their mother kicked him out not long after.

They never heard from him again. The girls were very close to their mother till she died last year.

VegetaPrincess
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this
No but i did until i was in my 30s. I had to lose my mother's entire family over it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)