Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My new director is such a b****!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 134 Replies
And I LOVE her!!!
It's so time for someone around here to have the vagina to stand up to the entitled parents!

She sent out numerous emails to parents about the new parent handbook. The new policies went into effect this week.

Today, one of my parents brought his child in. It was ALMOST 11 AM!
**Drop off time is between 7am and 9am daily. If you let us know ahead of time about a late drop-off then it's fine. If we don't hear from parents by 9am, we mark the child out and move on with our day.**
I said, "I'm sorry, but the new policy is that children need to be dropped off before nine, unless you let us know that you'll be late. We didn't hear from you today so we marked her as out. We'll see you tomorrow though!"
He was super annoyed, but when he complained to my new boss, she totally stood behind her policy. I love it!!!
I'm so tired of these snooty-falooty parents thinking that just because they're Dr's and surgeons, and all-powerful attorneys, that their time is more important than everyone else's.
She's already pissed off a few parents and I love it!!
My petty vent is over now! Have a nice day!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 17, 2017 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 17, 2017 at 1:17 PM
What a stupid policy. Who cares if the kid is late as long as they're picked up on time? Hope you still like her once parents pull their kids and you're out of work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2017 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not a stupid policy.
We have a schedule for our days. It completely interrupts the routine when kids are coming in late.
We start circle at 9:10 daily. We then move on to all of our morning activities/art projects/specials.
Sometimes were not in the classroom, and then the parents get annoyed when they have to track us down.
We take walks in the morning, whether through the nature walk in the woods, to the barns nearby to visit the horses, to the garden center or just a plain walk.
Late parents are never willing to find their kids' classes. They will leave their child with the first person they see who works here and then leave. Now, a child who isn't signed in anywhere (because the clipboard stays in the backpack with me) is in the building but not on anyone's list. If there was an emergency, I would not look for that child.
It's not a stupid policy.

Quoting Anonymous 2: What a stupid policy. Who cares if the kid is late as long as they're picked up on time? Hope you still like her once parents pull their kids and you're out of work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 17, 2017 at 1:33 PM
2 moms liked this
πŸ˜‚ DH and I would never tolerate that. The parents are your customers, not an inconvenience. They're the reason you have a job.

I completely understand policies around pick up time, sick children, etc, but late drop offs?? Professionals have emergencies- they may need to deal with an urgent issue at home and might be unable to notify you promptly. Your director is a moron.
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this
You sound like you might need a change of venue. Maybe work at a daycare that caters to poor people that you can respect?
cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 1:38 PM

SMH at the replies so far.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2017 at 1:39 PM
Yeah right.

Quoting Spam72: You sound like you might need a change of venue. Maybe work at a daycare that caters to poor people that you can respect?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 17, 2017 at 1:41 PM
I think it's dumb. People can drop their kids off when they want. Maybe they forgot to call or don't have time. It is not that serious. Bitch on a power trip honestly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 17, 2017 at 1:44 PM
I'm not sure why you have no better word for being assertive other than "vagina" but since people are paying her for a service she needs to provide an alternative to going on a walk for late-comers. Not very wise on her part.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 17, 2017 at 1:45 PM
As someone who works at a center...I find this stupid. They are paying for that spot for the day and should have the right between whatever time they feel like to drop off. I do hate when parents do drop off at random times but they pay for a spot between 6:30 and 6 and have the right to us that window as they see fit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2017 at 1:46 PM
We have a bunch of repeat offenders. If a parent came in and had a legitimate reason, I'm sure my director would make an exception, she's not a robot.
However, this has been an ongoing problem with a lot of families coming and going as they please. It disrupts our whole day and throws the kids off.
If you wouldn't tolerate it, fine. Don't sign the handbook and don't bring your kids here. Our wait list is long enough that I'm not worried.

Quoting Anonymous 3: πŸ˜‚ DH and I would never tolerate that. The parents are your customers, not an inconvenience. They're the reason you have a job.

I completely understand policies around pick up time, sick children, etc, but late drop offs?? Professionals have emergencies- they may need to deal with an urgent issue at home and might be unable to notify you promptly. Your director is a moron.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)