Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who does baby get intelligence from?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies
My bf and I are hoping she is smart like him. He's got an above average IQ and mine is a little below average.

I also hope she doesn't take after me in plain looks.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 17, 2017 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2017 at 5:29 PM
Bump
haileysmom3713
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm no expert but I think it's more about how you raise your child. Encouraging reading and engaging your child have a much bigger effect on children than genetics. Looks I can't help you with though lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 17, 2017 at 5:32 PM
My sd looks just like her dad, but is brilliant like her momma. My first born looks just like dad and has my iq and acts just like me. Youngest looks just like me but is exactly like his super smart daddy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2017 at 5:35 PM
Hopefully she turns out smart like her daddy. I had lots of struggles in school. He always says he hopes baby is smarter than I am.

Quoting haileysmom3713: I'm no expert but I think it's more about how you raise your child. Encouraging reading and engaging your child have a much bigger effect on children than genetics. Looks I can't help you with though lol
SPNpudding
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 5:36 PM
This. Lol

Quoting haileysmom3713: I'm no expert but I think it's more about how you raise your child. Encouraging reading and engaging your child have a much bigger effect on children than genetics. Looks I can't help you with though lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 17, 2017 at 5:38 PM
God decides
Mommy51408
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you need to love yourself a little more Mama. You're perfect the way you are and it sounds like your boyfriend needs to tell you that a little more rather than the things he's telling you.
haileysmom3713
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
He doesn't sound very nice. Make sure to also teach your daughter to be with a man who is kind to her! But there are plenty of things you can do to encourage a love of learning, even from a very young age! Intelligence (usually) isn't something that you are just born with. I'm sure it does play a part sometimes though! With my background, I should be as dumb as a rock. But I worked hard and I'm pretty smart, if I do say so myself!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Hopefully she turns out smart like her daddy. I had lots of struggles in school. He always says he hopes baby is smarter than I am.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2017 at 5:52 PM
I could be smarter. I want her to do better than me in life. I'm a more simple person is all he meant.

Quoting Mommy51408: I think you need to love yourself a little more Mama. You're perfect the way you are and it sounds like your boyfriend needs to tell you that a little more rather than the things he's telling you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 17, 2017 at 5:54 PM
I want her to be smarter than me. He's fine he just gets blunt, is all.

Quoting haileysmom3713: He doesn't sound very nice. Make sure to also teach your daughter to be with a man who is kind to her! But there are plenty of things you can do to encourage a love of learning, even from a very young age! Intelligence (usually) isn't something that you are just born with. I'm sure it does play a part sometimes though! With my background, I should be as dumb as a rock. But I worked hard and I'm pretty smart, if I do say so myself!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Hopefully she turns out smart like her daddy. I had lots of struggles in school. He always says he hopes baby is smarter than I am.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)