Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The statues aren't the problem

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 92 Replies
11 moms liked this
The people are. It's ridiculous to remove statues because some people are having a temper tantrum over them. They are a part of American history, like it or not. Removing the statue doesn't change the history.
Some people need their safe spaces. I'm so tired of everyone being so overly sensitive.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2017 at 6:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 6:43 AM
6 moms liked this
Adolf Hitler is a part of German history. Why don't they have any statues of him?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 6:48 AM
I agree with you. It's become so ridiculous.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Aug. 18, 2017 at 6:48 AM
I agree.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2017 at 6:52 AM
2 moms liked this
I guess you'd have to ask the German government.
Of course, you can't really compare the heinous acts that he ordered to anything that any of the people that the "offensive" statues represent did....

Quoting Anonymous 2: Adolf Hitler is a part of German history. Why don't they have any statues of him?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2017 at 6:53 AM
Also, statue or no statue, everyone still knows what Hitler did. A statute wouldn't change that one bit.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Adolf Hitler is a part of German history. Why don't they have any statues of him?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 6:54 AM
I agree and if they decide to remove then the they should take down George Washington he had slaves.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 6:55 AM
4 moms liked this
Of course you can. They are very similar. Though I suppose you cover up racisim with "state's rights".

Quoting Anonymous 1: I guess you'd have to ask the German government.
Of course, you can't really compare the heinous acts that he ordered to anything that any of the people that the "offensive" statues represent did....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 6:56 AM
7 moms liked this
Exactly. So removing the statues of men who supported hate and racisim won't take anything away from our history either. We'll still know what they did.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Also, statue or no statue, everyone still knows what Hitler did. A statute wouldn't change that one bit.
Olioxenfree
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Its oversensitive to not want a statue glorifying someone who fought against our country, lost, and would have wanted you to be a slave...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 6:57 AM
2 moms liked this
Can't tell if you're just really dim or kinda racist in your heart...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)