Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Affair Recovery

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
I'm trying to work on things.

I never loved DH. He claims he once loved me.

He cheated several times but now says he is going to set his resentment for me aside

Every time I try to move forward I think about how fucked up it was for him to cheat.

Should I own that I never loved him and that I too need to be different?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:18 AM
Be different how? I'm a little lost.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:19 AM
I hope you guys are getting divorced.
Punky_1981
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:20 AM

Why would you marry a man you don't love? I don't understand the circumstances that lead to this marriage. If he says he's going to lay his resentment for you aside, then you already have your answer. He doesn't love you either. If he did, he wouldn't have ever cheated in the first place. Maybe he did love you once, but he doesn't now. I think it's time for you to both move on with your lives, apart. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:21 AM
No. He says he is sorry and outlined why he hated me.

I resented him too.

Quoting owl0210: I hope you guys are getting divorced.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:22 AM
So. I wanted kids.

Quoting Punky_1981:

Why would you marry a man you don't love? I don't understand the circumstances that lead to this marriage. If he says he's going to lay his resentment for you aside, then you already have your answer. He doesn't love you either. If he did, he wouldn't have ever cheated in the first place. Maybe he did love you once, but he doesn't now. I think it's time for you to both move on with your lives, apart. 

Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:23 AM
If you guys don't love each other then you shouldn't be married.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:24 AM
This just all around sounds like a marriage that doesn't need to continue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:26 AM
Well, we decided to try to work on things.

Quoting Curlymom234: If you guys don't love each other then you shouldn't be married.
princessmara
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:28 AM
I hope you don't have any children, no child should live in this screwed up homeless. If you two want to live miserably ever after that's your choice; but you have no right putting children in this mess.
Punky_1981
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:29 AM

I can understand wanting children. And I wasn't bashing you. I was asking. I think you need to move on. Your children shouldn't live in a household like that. If they are young, and haven't figured out the truth yet, they will. And you don't want them growing up thinking this is how a relationship is suppose to be. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: So. I wanted kids.
Quoting Punky_1981:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)