Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No Vax/Delayed Vax Moms!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 146 Replies
If you vaccinate but delayed, what schedule do you use?

If you selectively vaccinate, which vaccines do you choose to get?

If you do a combination of both, please tell me your schedule and which vaccinations you accept.

If you choose not to vaccinate all together, what process did you use? Did you have to sign a refusal form with the pedi? Have you had any issues with CPS or with daycare/school?

My 8 year old daughter is fully vaccinated and my son who is four months is up to date, currently. I'm hesitant to go ahead with his vaccination schedule though. He had a rough time with his two month inoculations. Before anyone decides to bash me, I am educated and have been studying the possibly adverse events related to inoculations and I'm just not convinced it's in the best interest to fully vaccinate.

I'm just looking for other Moms who have chosen the road less taken. If you have any reputable, peer reviewed research that you'd like to share, please do so.

Thanks!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2017 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
We delayed the MMR and skipped the second dose, don't do the chicken pox vaccine, flu shots or Guardicil
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 9:53 AM
We skipped: rotavirus, flu, varicella, and will skip the HPV at 13.

We delayed MMR until 2 instead of getting it at 18 months and polio combo was delayed not by choice but the office didn't have it so we waited until his next regular visit.

He never received more than 2 vaccines at any 1 visit. Isaac too had a difficult evening at his 2 monvaccines but that was MY FAULT. He did so well with his first dose of Tylenol-given at the time of the vaccines that I didn't think he needed a second dose :(. He was miserable until I finally got it onboard :(

Quoting Anonymous 1: If you vaccinate but delayed, what schedule do you use?

If you do a combination of both, please tell me your schedule and which vaccinations you accept.

If you choose not to vaccinate all together, what process did you use? Did you have to sign a refusal form with the pedi? Have you had any issues with CPS or with daycare/school?

My 8 year old daughter is fully vaccinated and my son who is four months is up to date, currently. I'm hesitant to go ahead with his vaccination schedule though. He had a rough time with his two month inoculations. Before anyone decides to bash me, I am educated and have been studying the possibly adverse events related to inoculations and I'm just not convinced it's in the best interest to fully vaccinate.

I'm just looking for other Moms who have chosen the road less taken. If you have any reputable, peer reviewed research that you'd like to share, please do so.

Thanks!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this

you can always delay them, but you cannot UNDO them once they're administered..

find out infectious disease stats from your local health dept

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2017 at 9:55 AM
Thank you!

Quoting peanutsmommy1: We delayed the MMR and skipped the second dose, don't do the chicken pox vaccine, flu shots or Guardicil
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2017 at 10:02 AM
I think that these vaccines are the ones I'll skip as well. My four month old had a rough time with his two month vaccinations, he was feverish for a few days and his stomach was messed up from the oral vaccine (rotavirus). I know this is "normal" but I'm not convinced it should be. I'm not consenting to the rotavirus vaccination at his next appointment. How did you do the combination vaccines? The dTap vaccinate for three different illnesses, did you do that one solo or in conjunction with another vaccine?

Thank you for your reply!

Quoting Isaacsmom913: We skipped: rotavirus, flu, varicella, and will skip the HPV at 13.

We delayed MMR until 2 instead of getting it at 18 months and polio combo was delayed not by choice but the office didn't have it so we waited until his next regular visit.

He never received more than 2 vaccines at any 1 visit. Isaac too had a difficult evening at his 2 monvaccines but that was MY FAULT. He did so well with his first dose of Tylenol-given at the time of the vaccines that I didn't think he needed a second dose :(. He was miserable until I finally got it onboard :(

Quoting Anonymous 1: If you vaccinate but delayed, what schedule do you use?

Thanks!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2017 at 10:03 AM
This is a good idea, thank you!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

you can always delay them, but you cannot UNDO them once they're administered..

find out infectious disease stats from your local health dept

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 10:04 AM
I do not vaccinate. My kids have never had a regular pediatrician so I've never had to sign anything with one. We do a waiver through the school and that's it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2017 at 10:07 AM
What state are you in, if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting Anonymous 3: I do not vaccinate. My kids have never had a regular pediatrician so I've never had to sign anything with one. We do a waiver through the school and that's it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 10:08 AM

and if he reacted badly to his first round, you can be sure the second round will be worse

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 10:08 AM
I'm in Ohio. It is very very easy to get a waiver through the schools here. You just sign a paper in the office and that's it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: What state are you in, if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting Anonymous 3: I do not vaccinate. My kids have never had a regular pediatrician so I've never had to sign anything with one. We do a waiver through the school and that's it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)