Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for homeschoolers....

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2017 at 4:32 PM
  • 65 Replies

Mobile Photo

Saw this ad and wondered, do homeschoolers have school ID?
by on Aug. 18, 2017 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 4:33 PM
I always wondered this too because around me there are tons of places that have homeschooling prices.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 4:35 PM
Aren't you a teacher?
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Duh what? Who issues them and why? We have school ID for library checkout and lunch purchases. Things a home schooler wouldn't need.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Duh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 4:35 PM

Families can join the HSLDA.  I wonder if that is what they mean.

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Not at home. Why on earth would a public school teacher know this? We have zero contact with home school kids.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Aren't you a teacher?
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 4:36 PM
No, it's really just an honor system, at least in our state.

I believe there are some states where the state is more involved so there's probably paperwork.
knoxmomof2
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 4:37 PM
We homeschool. We don't because we haven't needed it. I could whip one up on the computer pretty easily. You have to understand that even a home schooler's diploma is just a document produced by the parents for applicable purposes (like applying to college), unless they participate under some kind of umbrella school or online academy.
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 4:37 PM
This theme park is in Minnesota and as far as I know the only involvement the state has in homeschooling is testing.

Quoting luckysevenwow: No, it's really just an honor system, at least in our state.

I believe there are some states where the state is more involved so there's probably paperwork.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 4:38 PM
My sister is a teacher and is knowledgeable about it. Word of mouth and experience.

Quoting Spam72: Not at home. Why on earth would a public school teacher know this? We have zero contact with home school kids.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Aren't you a teacher?
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 4:38 PM
So anyone could just print out a home school ID?

Quoting knoxmomof2: We homeschool. We don't because we haven't needed it. I could whip one up on the computer pretty easily. You have to understand that even a home schooler's diploma is just a document produced by the parents for applicable purposes (like applying to college), unless they participate under some kind of umbrella school or online academy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)