Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what age would you suggest

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Or ask your child if they would like to go to a salon and have their unibrow fixed? My dd is going on 10 now. Shes begun getting interested in makeup and fixxing her hair up and such. I dont know if i should bring up the brow though?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2017 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 5:00 PM
I didn't do any of that until I was 13. Is she being teased at school about it?
ThatDancerGirl
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 5:01 PM
I'd wait until she asks
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 5:02 PM

You could just ask her if she has any interest in trimming her eyebrows. I wouldn't say "do you want to get your unibrow fixed." If she's self conscious about it, she can say yes. If she isn't, then it's a more innocent question.

Does she shave her legs/under arms? Because that would be a n easire way to bring it up, too, just asking if she's interested in shaving/plucking in general.

nellyoleson
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 5:02 PM
I suggested my 12 yo bleach her stasch...she just shrugged!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2017 at 5:02 PM
I didnt want it to get to that point. Shes not brought it up though.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I didn't do any of that until I was 13. Is she being teased at school about it?
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Aug. 18, 2017 at 5:02 PM
I just took my dd the beginning of summer and had hers done. She's 12.
MenopauseManiac
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 5:03 PM

When I was in school to be an esthetician there was a mom who brought in her 11 year old twin daughters to have most everything waxed.  Arms, legs, faces.  They were some seriously hairy girls.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 5:03 PM

I would wait for her to come to me to talk about it. The same with shaving legs and wearing makeup (although that isn't an automatic).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 5:03 PM

I'd be inclined to say that except as an older child/younger teen I never would have been comfortable talking to my mom about it. I was very self conscious and had low self esteem and while my relationship with my mom was fine, we just didn't talk about that sort of thing. 

Quoting ThatDancerGirl: I'd wait until she asks

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 5:04 PM
My daughter started getting hers waxed at 10. I just asked her if she wanted to get hers done when I got mine done.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)