Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You identify as one.

Stop reducing women to their biological processes. 

Stop ridiculing others for their birthing choices.

Stop acting like giving birth in a certain way makes you superior.

Stop passing judgment upon others for their medical choices.

Stop tearing other women down in hopes it makes you look better. 

by on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:06 PM
Replies (31-40):
Geeez17
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:24 PM
Quoting Curlymom234: I've read them before on here. I had a C section and totally disagree. I also really wish I could've had a normal delivery.

Quoting Anonymous 6: Someone made a post stating that. She also referred to a C-section as an easy way out.

Quoting Curlymom234: Now that's just dumb.

Quoting Anonymous 6: I'm still trying to figure out why anyone thinks an epidural makes someone not a real woman.

I can relate. My son was breach, I didn't have a choice.
Quakercaoimhe
by on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:25 PM

Oh boy lol

Quoting Anonymous 3: Freedom of speech. You can post and I can reply. Cafemom doesn't have a block button. Get over yourself.
Quoting Quakercaoimhe:
Quoting Anonymous 3: Well you're saying you can just say you identify as something because you say so. I'm now a black, rich woman. 🙄
Quoting Quakercaoimhe:

That's not how that works, and literally no one said that. Get new material, you're boring and obtuse. 

Quoting Anonymous 3: So can I identify as a black woman even though my skin is white?

I'm not even touching that today. I'll save class issues, gender, and race for another day. This post is just going to be positive. 

Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww that's sweet to say. Don't let the whackos get to you with the child birth thing. It's silly and difficult not to laugh a little.

Quoting Quakercaoimhe:

Normal is relative. You still did an amazing job and I'm willing to bet anything your kid is grateful for you. 

Quoting Curlymom234: I've read them before on here. I had a C section and totally disagree. I also really wish I could've had a normal delivery.

Quoting Anonymous 6: Someone made a post stating that. She also referred to a C-section as an easy way out.

Quoting Anonymous 6: I'm still trying to figure out why anyone thinks an epidural makes someone not a real woman.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:26 PM
3 moms liked this
C-sections are a major surgery. I'm sorry some people are too stupid to grasp that. My recovery time was so much quicker than my sister who had one.

Quakercaoimhe
by on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Give them time. I'm sure someone, somewhere thinks that one type of underwear is what moral, mature, dignified women wear, and another type is strictly for women of ill repute lol

Quoting Anonymous 9: Have we ever had a post bashing types of underwear choices? I've never seen one of those arguments.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:28 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Quoting Anonymous 3: Well you're saying you can just say you identify as something because you say so. I'm now a black, rich woman. 🙄

Quoting Quakercaoimhe:

That's not how that works, and literally no one said that. Get new material, you're boring and obtuse. 

Quoting Anonymous 3: So can I identify as a black woman even though my skin is white?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:28 PM
Are you? You have the nazi star in your avi and you make race baiting posts. Im not the one that started a shit stirring post

Quoting Quakercaoimhe:

Are you off your head?

Quoting Anonymous 8: Stop being a nazi sympathizer and race baiting shit stirrer.

Quakercaoimhe
by on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:29 PM
2 moms liked this

I honestly believe that every birth experience is beautiful and valid. It's special each and every time and there are so many variables. I personally was able to deliver vaginally, but I've never thought that made me special or more important.

Quoting Curlymom234: Aww that's sweet to say. Don't let the whackos get to you with the child birth thing. It's silly and difficult not to laugh a little.
Quoting Quakercaoimhe:

Normal is relative. You still did an amazing job and I'm willing to bet anything your kid is grateful for you. 

Quakercaoimhe
by on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:31 PM

Uuuhhhh.... You may want to pop open a book before you go making wild, false, and nonsensical accusations.

My avitar is a mash up of the Esperanto flag (google it) and the communist flag. Communism is the opposite of Nazism. Do your homework.

Quoting Anonymous 8: Are you? You have the nazi star in your avi and you make race baiting posts. Im not the one that started a shit stirring post
Quoting Quakercaoimhe:

Are you off your head?

Quoting Anonymous 8: Stop being a nazi sympathizer and race baiting shit stirrer.

ThatDancerGirl
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:31 PM
Evidently it's because 50 years ago epidurals didn't exist. So by her logic anything we use today that wasn't around 50 years ago makes us not real people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)