Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You identify as one.

Stop reducing women to their biological processes. 

Stop ridiculing others for their birthing choices.

Stop acting like giving birth in a certain way makes you superior.

Stop passing judgment upon others for their medical choices.

Stop tearing other women down in hopes it makes you look better. 

by on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:06 PM
Replies (41-50):
Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:33 PM
😂

Quoting Anonymous 10:

Mobile Photo

Quoting Anonymous 3: Well you're saying you can just say you identify as something because you say so. I'm now a black, rich woman. 🙄

Quoting Quakercaoimhe:

That's not how that works, and literally no one said that. Get new material, you're boring and obtuse. 

Quoting Anonymous 3: So can I identify as a black woman even though my skin is white?

mammakittykat
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree!

Quoting Quakercaoimhe:

You identify as one.Stop reducing women to their biological processes. Stop ridiculing others for their birthing choices.Stop acting like giving birth in a certain way makes you superior.Stop passing judgment upon others for their medical choices.Stop tearing other women down in hopes it makes you look better. 

Quakercaoimhe
by on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:34 PM
Quoting ThatDancerGirl: Evidently it's because 50 years ago epidurals didn't exist. So by her logic anything we use today that wasn't around 50 years ago makes us not real people.
Quoting Anonymous 6: I'm still trying to figure out why anyone thinks an epidural makes someone not a real woman.

What's next? "You're not a real person because you've had an x ray!"

Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:34 PM
Yup. Mine too.

Quoting Geeez17:
Quoting Curlymom234: I've read them before on here. I had a C section and totally disagree. I also really wish I could've had a normal delivery.

Quoting Anonymous 6: Someone made a post stating that. She also referred to a C-section as an easy way out.

Quoting Curlymom234: Now that's just dumb.

Quoting Anonymous 6: I'm still trying to figure out why anyone thinks an epidural makes someone not a real woman.

I can relate. My son was breach, I didn't have a choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:34 PM
She's not a Nazi, she's a communist. Cause I guess Stalin wasn't as bad as Hitker.

Quoting Anonymous 8: Are you? You have the nazi star in your avi and you make race baiting posts. Im not the one that started a shit stirring post

Quoting Quakercaoimhe:

Are you off your head?

Quoting Anonymous 8: Stop being a nazi sympathizer and race baiting shit stirrer.

Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:35 PM

seriously. there is no one way to live or do things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:38 PM
Here's the thing though,by her statement that would also mean any woman who had her SO in the room with her isn't a real woman either, because back then the women did everything alone except for the drs and nurses. Also if she had researched it women were often sedated or put under anesthesia to have babies. Also epidurals were also used back then. They just were not as common. So her point is moot.

Quoting ThatDancerGirl: Evidently it's because 50 years ago epidurals didn't exist. So by her logic anything we use today that wasn't around 50 years ago makes us not real people.

Quakercaoimhe
by on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:38 PM

Stalin defeated the Nazis and liberated his concentration camps. 

Stalin isn't even my favourite, and communism does not begin or end with him. Tito > Stalin 

Quoting Anonymous 11: She's not a Nazi, she's a communist. Cause I guess Stalin wasn't as bad as Hitker.
Quoting Anonymous 8: Are you? You have the nazi star in your avi and you make race baiting posts. Im not the one that started a shit stirring post
Quoting Quakercaoimhe:

Are you off your head?

Quoting Anonymous 8: Stop being a nazi sympathizer and race baiting shit stirrer.

Quakercaoimhe
by on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:40 PM

We can expand that further by taking into account other cultural practices surrounding birth. "You're not a real woman if you didn't give birth in front of a crowd" lol

Her whole argument was built around a fallacy, which is pathetic. 

Quoting Anonymous 12: Here's the thing though,by her statement that would also mean any woman who had her SO in the room with her isn't a real woman either, because back then the women did everything alone except for the drs and nurses. Also if she had researched it women were often sedated or put under anesthesia to have babies. Also epidurals were also used back then. They just were not as common. So her point is moot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:41 PM
He's not your favorite but you like him?

Quoting Quakercaoimhe:

Stalin defeated the Nazis and liberated his concentration camps. Stalin isn't even my favourite, and communism does not begin or end with him. Tito > Stalin 

Quoting Anonymous 11: She's not a Nazi, she's a communist. Cause I guess Stalin wasn't as bad as Hitker.

Quoting Quakercaoimhe:

Are you off your head?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)