Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got counterfeit money from the bank today.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 148 Replies

I went to the ATM to withdraw some money and I checked the money after I got home and saw that two of the twenties were fake. I wanted to turn them over but I know there would be a million questions as why I didn't spot them sooner or fearful the bank taking the bills and not replacing them so I went to a different branch and deposited the bills at a different ATM.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

All you needed to do was return to the bank with the $20's and your ATM receipt.

Instead you circulated known counterfeit money. Nice, way to pay it forward.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be very surprised if you got counterfeit money from a bank.

Knowingly using counterfeit money is illegal....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:35 PM
I wouldn't have deposited them, now they can be traced back to you. If you weren't going to contact the bank or police you should have at least spent them somewhere else so you'd have a chance of not getting caught passing fake bills.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:37 PM

Good job NOT.  Why didn't you go bank to the bank with your slip?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:40 PM
3 moms liked this
They wouldn't have given you grief. Depositing them could get you in serious trouble though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:41 PM
2 moms liked this

How did you know the bills were fake?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I still would have taken them back and just asked to speak to a manager. Once they realize they're fake, and they will (should) they will withdraw that money from your account and you'll never see it again, plus you might get more than a million questions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Now you deposited counterfeit bills and the bank will spot them and know they're from you. Lol!! Great work ding dong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I was surprised too. I really cannot be out $40 as there's no guarantee a bank would even exchange the money, from what I read also, the police would have just confiscated the money with no reimbursement. I'll see if any feds will show up to my home soon.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I would be very surprised if you got counterfeit money from a bank.

Knowingly using counterfeit money is illegal....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2017 at 7:48 PM
Held them up to my light when I got home. No "shadow" of Jackson on the left or the "USA20" either of them compared to the other 20s I had.

Quoting Anonymous 7:

How did you know the bills were fake?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)