Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you stay married to someone you hated?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 111 Replies
No abuse, no fighting...you just hate their dry ass personality and have nothing in common
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2017 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 9:35 PM

Well, I have for twenty one years.  I'm very unhappy, and I give up.  I wish he would just die already.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 9:37 PM
Why did you marry him?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 9:39 PM
Yes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 9:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Well I can't imagine why I would have married them in the first place. If DH suddenly became that way, I would be taking him to a neurologist because something would be wrong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 9:40 PM
Damn, that's fucked up! Just because you don't like him, I'm sure he matters to someone. Just leave, you fucking loser.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Well, I have for twenty one years.  I'm very unhappy, and I give up.  I wish he would just die already.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 9:41 PM
No.

There is nothing better than when they are out of your life and you don't have to see their miserable face.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 9:42 PM
No. Eventually my hate for him would make me resentful and bitter. In turn turning me bitchy. That's no way to live or treat people.I deserve happiness.
Tinabee88
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 9:43 PM
Been there and done that. Never again! Not worth your wasted youth.
beYOUtywithin_
by Tiffany on Aug. 18, 2017 at 9:47 PM
No. Definitely not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 9:49 PM

I love him.  I have tried so long to make this a happy marriage, but he doesn't care for me unless I enable his drinking.

I am tired of being talked down to if I refuse to give him money so he can drink.  I'm tired of going to bed alone, crying, wishing he loved me.....I'm tired of the verbal abuse.

he has no other family.  His parents are dead, and he has no siblings that are alive.  I'm literally the only living family he has.

I have saved his life so many times.  He almost overdosed himself, and had I not been there to call the ambulance, he would have died. It took two and a half shots to revive him, apparently.   And there were many more times than that he would have killed himself had I not been there to keep him from going overboard.

He would have died twenty years ago had it not been for me.

I have tried to leave, I have tried to get him into counseling, I have tried to get him to quit the drinking and drugs. 

I'm tired of being number three in his life.  He says he loves me, but he will never pick me over the substances....

Quoting Anonymous 6: Damn, that's fucked up! Just because you don't like him, I'm sure he matters to someone. Just leave, you fucking loser.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)