Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let your Dd say age 18, 19, 20 move back home if she got pregnant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 169 Replies
My dd is 18 she is on the depo. She doesn't live with at home. She isn't very responsibile or mature for that matter. I am trying to talk her into getting on something more long term like the implant but of course it is her decision.

My fear is that she will get pregnant before she actually grows up and matures enough to be a mom. And I know if she gets pregnant she will want to move back home and if that happens dh and I will argue because dh and I both don't want to raise any more children but at the same time I could never tell my pregnant Dd no. I mean it would be my grandchild. And we also know dh would be financially taking Care of it and i would be doing the blunt of the physical care because my Dd is so immature . I keep on telling her I hope she will listen to me.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2017 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ThatDancerGirl
by ResidentTrollđź’† on Aug. 18, 2017 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. It happened to me at 18. I am incredibly grateful for the way my parents handled it. A lot of women here have admitted that they'd throw their pregnant daughter out in that situation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 11:47 PM
5 moms liked this
My child is always welcome to live at home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2017 at 11:47 PM
I used to say that when my Dd was younger but truth be told I could never do that

Quoting ThatDancerGirl: Yes. It happened to me at 18. I am incredibly grateful for the way my parents handled it. A lot of women here have admitted that they'd throw their pregnant daughter out in that situation.
YuppyMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 11:49 PM

There is way too much to be concerned about in this post.

I would be concerned that she is young, sexually active and immature.

Is she in college?

I will never raise a grandchild.  Period.  We have a very detailed plan for how we would handle things if we ended up with a grandchild while our kids were still teens or young adults with no resources.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 11:49 PM
My mom took me in when i had my dd, i was 21. The only difference, from what it sounds like, is i was leaving an abusive relationship. But i stayed with my mom even after my second dd because it was just easier.
ThatDancerGirl
by ResidentTrollđź’† on Aug. 18, 2017 at 11:50 PM
I think that's the case with a lot of these women too. They like to talk tough but when it comes down to it, most people wouldn't turn their backs on their kids during a time when they need it most, at least I would hope not.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I used to say that when my Dd was younger but truth be told I could never do that

Quoting ThatDancerGirl: Yes. It happened to me at 18. I am incredibly grateful for the way my parents handled it. A lot of women here have admitted that they'd throw their pregnant daughter out in that situation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 11:50 PM
My children and grandchildren are always welcomed here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2017 at 11:50 PM
Shes a senior in high school . And it happens. Not everyone waits for marriage

Quoting YuppyMom:

There is way too much to be concerned about in this post.

I would be concerned that she is young, sexually active and immature.

Is she in college?

I will never raise a grandchild.  Period.  We have a very detailed plan for how we would handle things if we ended up with a grandchild while our kids were still teens or young adults with no resources.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2017 at 11:51 PM
2 moms liked this

No, I wouldn't.

I raised minor children for 31 years (13 years difference between oldest and youngest).  My youngest is now 22, almost 23, my oldest 35.  I told all of them - starting very early and more than once or twice - I will NOT be raising any more kids.  And that having kids before they are ready is NOT good.  Recipe for poverty, financial assistance, lower paying jobs, and ultimately their kids not having need/wants fulfilled.

I have NO problem getting them birth control.  I have no problem with abortion (and they know that I am very prochoice, and have since puberty).  I DO have a problem with teenage pregnancy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 18, 2017 at 11:53 PM
I don't know, honestly. My DDs are 8 and 12, so I have some time to decide. I do have two friends whose older sisters hit pregnant in their mid 20s and moved home. Both ended up staying 10+ years with their parents helping raise their kids. I would not want to do that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)