Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got tossed from the play group

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 169 Replies
1 mom liked this
I was involved in a play group with some moms in my community. Every Tuesday we would meet at someone's house. We would all chip in and bring a dish. It's usually an all day thing. Between us we have 15 kids ranging from newborn to 6. Mostly 3-4 year olds.
When it's my turn to host the play group, I suggest we have it at the park where there is also a large splash pad.
I offer to bring everything, even a BBQ for lunch.
The other moms are shit talking me because I don't hold it at my house like they all do.
I don't want 15 kids running through my home, destroying everytging, breaking my kids toys, putting my kids toys in their mouths and taunting my dog. I did it once, and it took me 3 days to clean up the mess. I was finding food all over the place.
Since then, I said it's the park or nothing.
One of the mom's told me the others think it's unfair that my kids are at their house playing, but their kids are not welcome here.
If they want to have all those kids in their home, that's their choice, I choose not to. It's not like I'm offering a terrible alternative, and they could do the same if they wanted

I'm I wrong or is that selfish of me?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2017 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 1:51 AM
15 moms liked this

Just like you can choose not to have it at your house, they can choose to not have you in their group that is set up a specific way.  Start your own group if you want to do things your way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 1:51 AM
4 moms liked this
That's your choice. I wouldn't be friends with someone like you though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 1:53 AM
16 moms liked this
Sorry - but unless you're helping to deep clean after every other play date you go to, you're as bad as any of them. Don't go if you're not going to reciprocate
AnotherKim
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 1:53 AM
17 moms liked this

Oh for Christ's sake. They are being ridiculous. When my daughter was in a playgroup, we met at different parks around town. The kids loved being out of the house, and we moms were happy not to have to clean our houses just to have them messed up again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2017 at 1:54 AM
5 moms liked this
Why? Because I don't want 15 kids running through my house, tormenting my dog, making a mess and destroying my kids things? How does that make me a bad person? It's not like I'm not offering to host it, just not in my home. And it's not like their kids aren't welcome here in a one to one basis, I just don't want a large group

Quoting Anonymous 3: That's your choice. I wouldn't be friends with someone like you though.
thebadkitty
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 1:55 AM
13 moms liked this

This, and I think the ones defending these moms are idiots.

Quoting AnotherKim:

Oh for Christ's sake. They are being ridiculous. When my daughter was in a playgroup, we met at different parks around town. The kids loved being out of the house, and we moms were happy not to have to clean our houses just to have them messed up again.

Lindalou907
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 1:55 AM
11 moms liked this

I think parks are the best place for big groups like that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2017 at 1:56 AM
3 moms liked this
I absolutely do help clean up. Their houses get destroyed, toys broken ect, they are ok with that or they wouldn't continue to offer their home. I'm not ok with it, so I offer an alternative to which no one has to do anything

Quoting Anonymous 4: Sorry - but unless you're helping to deep clean after every other play date you go to, you're as bad as any of them. Don't go if you're not going to reciprocate
thebadkitty
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 1:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Your response is immature

Quoting Anonymous 3: That's your choice. I wouldn't be friends with someone like you though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 1:57 AM
2 moms liked this
Who said you were a bad person? I simply said we wouldn't be friends. You seem high maintenance. Not everyone is compatible.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Why? Because I don't want 15 kids running through my house, tormenting my dog, making a mess and destroying my kids things? How does that make me a bad person? It's not like I'm not offering to host it, just not in my home. And it's not like their kids aren't welcome here in a one to one basis, I just don't want a large group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)