Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Low iron/anemic

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I'm curious to hear what symptoms you ladies have if you are very anemic/low iron. I was diagnosed with severe anemia earlier this week. I feel like death run over.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2017 at 6:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 6:25 AM
Old I don't really feel anything my iron is at at 8.9
HHx5
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 7:33 AM
I've dealt with it off and on. I took iron pills as s child for a time, then with at least one of my pregnancies. I notice it the most now during my period. My period wipes me out, i have no strength. The lower your iron, the harder it is for you to clot and in turn, the heavier your period, and then the lower your iron. I think my back cramps are worse when I'm going to have a heavy period. I notice my face is white the first day or two of my period. The week before I notice I can't regulate my body temp, I'm either freezing or sweating. Feeling cold is another symptom of low iron. I also used to notice my fingernails would break easier and go soft right before my period. My anemia was so bad before I finally went to the doctor, I was having heart palpitations every day rather than once in a while. I took iron pills for probably 6 months before I really felt better. Now I take iron the week before my period.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 9:51 AM

tired , headaches, cold hands and feet.

catonastick
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 10:03 AM

I was always cold, my feet and hands would tingle. Somedays I didnt feel like I had enough energy to even breath. I became addicted to ice water and lost over 100 pounds. (This was the only positive thing that came from being anemic. LOL)

4 pints of blood and later a partial hysterectomy, I was cured.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 10:34 AM
I feel ran down, and get severe headaches.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)