Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont care if your son died.... you will NOT have a memorial for him on my property!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 290 Replies
1 mom liked this

A few weeks ago DH and I were woken up in the middle of the night by a loud crashing sound. Someone had plowed through our fence and hit a large tree we have in our backyard. I called 911 right away and DH tried to help who was in the car but it was clear right away that they were not alive. 

When the ambulance got there they said he was dead. 

It was so shocking. Our back yard is up against a wash trail. The road is about 500 yards away from that. So the person was driving through the wash trail, went through the fence and crashed. 

It turns out he was both drunk and high on several drugs. They say he died on impact. He was about 5 feet from our nursery. If he had not hit the tree our kids would likely not be alive right now.  

A couple days after the crash we went out an noticed a some stuff near the tree. Some crosses, candles, and a stuffed animal. DH threw it all away. He also went and got a no trespassing sign. 

The next day more stuff was there. He threw it away again. He went and got some temporary fencing to put up. I kept my eye out all day to see if anyone showed up. When we went to bed there was nothing there the next morning there was. 

At that point we were working hard to find someone to come fix the fence. Finally we were able to get the fence fixed. A couple days after that I caught a lady climbing over the fence. I went and confronted her. I asked her why she thought it was okay to come into our yard. 

She said her son is the one who died and she wanted him to have a memorial. I told her we didnt want it on our property, period. She said she was just a grieving mother. I told her I didnt give a fuck. We dont want a reminded of her piece of shit son on our property and that she was trespassing. I pointed out the room my kids sleep in. I told her how close her disgusting son was to hitting my kids and that if her or anyone else came on our property again the cops would be called. She put stuff by the tree and left. I threw the stuff back over after her. 

DH wants to get a security camera and I told him it might be a good idea. I told him we should also get motion activated lights. I cant even believe this is an issue. We dont want any stuff in our yard. We dont want people fucking climbing our fence. I hope she gets the hint but I have a feeling she wont. She can have a memorial for her piece of shit son somewhere else. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2017 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Aug. 19, 2017 at 12:23 PM
Wow.
Momma2Warriors
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 12:23 PM
33 moms liked this
This has been done before....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 12:23 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't blame you. She can put her memorial somewhere that people other than the ones he almost killed can see it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah that would be a no for me as well. I hope she stays away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 12:24 PM
16 moms liked this
Wtf? I have read this exact post, title and all before. I was thinking this was an update or something when I opened it. Why do you people recycle posts?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 12:25 PM
3 moms liked this
You're right about the trespassing and I get your anger about what could have been, but still you're still an asshole.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 12:25 PM
Recycled post
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 12:25 PM
6 moms liked this
What a coincidence. The SAME exact thing happened to another member. What a small world.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2017 at 12:25 PM

I am not an asshole because I dont want a memorial for a drunk and drugged up driver in my backyard 

Quoting Anonymous 5: You're right about the trespassing and I get your anger about what could have been, but still you're still an asshole.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 19, 2017 at 12:26 PM

This honestly happened to me. If I could post the articles without people being able to find out exactly where I live I would. 

Quoting Anonymous 4: Wtf? I have read this exact post, title and all before. I was thinking this was an update or something when I opened it. Why do you people recycle posts?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)